Question

No security code being sent for registration.

• 15 March 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Ok, so I have been through your entire site tried 3 different browsers, accepted ALL cookies and still not receiving a security code to register?

Nor will live chat work, nor can I find a place to email into support?

A very complicated mess your site, its more like its designed to stop people from asking for help.

Anyway, I want to figure out why my bill has somehow jumped from 18 pounds a month to 93 pounds, but I can’t because I can’t register?

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @jammyshaw,

I’ve never had a problem using iD live chat from a web browser on my Windows PC. 

The registration security code is usually sent as an SMS.

Anyway, if you’re having a problem with live chat, try sending a PM to iD Mobile via facebook or twitter.

Best to contact iD between 9am - 6pm - that way you can PM with a real person.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

Yep, understandable, seems like its been quite a persistent issue for a lot of people though.

And I have waited an hour for 2 security codes now, nothing.

I would love to contact them on one of those platforms, its just I don’t use either so that is why I resorted to trying to use the support on their site and inevitabley ended up making this thread as nothing seems to be working as it should.

Cheers for the advice much appreciated! hopefully their support to also come on here.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @jammyshaw,

As you no doubt know, messaging in the iD online community isn’t real-time, so several days or longer may pass before iD Mobile read your post.

I had trouble getting my security code when I joined iD Mobile. I tried once a day, for several days before I got my registration code and went on to setup my iD My Account online.

With iD live chat service, your browsers need to accept popup windows from “liveperson.net” - this is the third-party service iD use for their live chat. As a result, many ad-blocks and other malware detection applications interfere with iD live chat.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

Okay @jammyshaw,

As you no doubt know, messaging in the iD online community isn’t real-time, so several days or longer may pass before iD Mobile read your post.

I had trouble getting my security code when I joined iD Mobile. I tried once a day, for several days before I got my registration code and went on to setup my iD My Account online.

With iD live chat service, your browsers need to accept popup windows from “liveperson.net” - this is the third-party service iD use for their live chat. As a result, many ad-blocks and other malware detection applications interfere with iD live chat.

Anyway, good luck.

Yep, it’s online forum and not real time. I know that, wasn’t expecting a reply straight away. 

Finally got a live pop up Window when trying the registration process and got a Security code manually sent to me via live chat to register. 

Either way, I'm finally registered after getting a manual code sent.

Cheers, take care. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yep, it’s online forum and not real time. I know that, wasn’t expecting a reply straight away. 

Finally got a live pop up Window when trying the registration process and got a Security code manually sent to me via live chat to register. 

Cheers, take care. 

That’s great @jammyshaw, what trickery did you use to get the iD live chat pop-up window to appear?

Your answer could be really helpful to others in the iD community. 

I eventually had the same thing. For me it was persistently trying to register that caused the popup to appear, but the person on the other end was obviously dealing with multiple requests at a time so couldn’t focus on my problem. I solved my own problem by the blunderbuss approach so don’t really know how things kicked into gear, but they did. I get the feeling that when a staff member has time they switch on live chat and answer the first few in the queue before they turn it off again. Just like an Aldi checkout.

Userlevel 1

Cheers, take care. 

That’s great @jammyshaw, what trickery did you use to get the iD live chat pop-up window to appear?

Your answer could be really helpful to others in the iD community. 

My laptop lol. Had to finish up on dinner and go back to work, when I decided to try register from work laptop, the live chat popup just came up first time. So happy days.

Why iD Mobile?