Solved

Order a sim

• 20 February 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi,

I want a pay as you go sim from iD mobile, but cant see how to buy it on this site. 

Where can I get / buy a new sim and then put credit on the sim? 

Thanks 

Gordon

icon

Best answer by Michelle 21 February 2021, 15:24

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Gordon-UK 

You can view all our Pay & Go deals via the link below:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/shop/plans/pay-as-you-go/sim-only

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Hello Michelle

I was looking for a simple package of “pay as you go”  sim with credit. I saw the offers to purchase a data bundle with free and minutes etc for 30 days, and guessed that as a new customer the sim must follow. 

The 1 month offer is good, and may be my only way of getting a sim, but I won’t use that data whilst I port my number from 3. By the time that happens, it is possible the data and free minutes will be largely spent.

I take it that when I have a sim I can simply add credit without taking / converting into a bundle.

Thank you for your help.

Gordon 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Gordon-UK 

When buying a Pay As you Go your bundle will last for 1 month, You can then choose to top up as a normal Pay As you go sim or you can choose to buy a bundle every month. Bundles are perfect if you tend to use the same amount of data, texts, and minutes every month and can become reoccurring if you wish - removing the hassle of topping up every month.

-Mohsin

Mohsin

Thank you, that is perfectly clear and will be exactly what I need.

When buying a new sim, I assume the first month commences with activation, not with the order. Can you confirm that the sim is effectively sleeping until first use, please?

Kind regards

Gordon

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Gordon-UK,

The plan becomes active as soon as the SIM card has been dispatched.

Ryan

Thanks Ryan

I will therefore wait until I have used the credit on my 3 account and have a PAC before I order a sim.

This has been a MOST HELPFUL platform for me.

Thanks again 

Gordon

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

That is great to hear. We are happy to hear you have found this platform Helpful @Gordon-UK

Feel free to message us for any issues you may have at any time. Take care.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?