Question

overcharged despite cap

• 21 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi, I have been overcharged 3 months in a row (Nov, Dec, Jan), despite there being a 10GBP cap on my daughters account.

I would like a call from an ID Mobile customer service representative to discuss this as soon as possible pls, as there seems to be no other way of resolving this issue.

My understanding was that having this cap would prevent any additional charges.

If I do not get a call from somebody to discuss the problem, I will have no choice but to cancel my direct debit.  I do not want to do this, but feel it’s the only option available to avoid being charged extra again in February.

I LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU.

regards,

Darren

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @darrenwoodyatt,

Having a £10 cap would mean that the bill is allowed to exceed the agreed monthly amount by up to £10. For example, if your daughter is on a £10 per month plan with a £10 cap set, this will mean the overall bill can go as high as £20.

I would recommend setting the cap to £0 so that no additional charges occur. Additional charges are always added to next months bill so you may still see the additional charges appear on the February bill if there are already charges for January.

Please let me know if this helps or if I have misunderstood your issue i.e if the bill goes beyond the additional £10 cap and we’ll offer further support.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?