Question

Peyment direct debit

• 20 January 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello , yesterday 19th of Jan suppose to be billed for my one month contract and i have  setted up the direct debit but i dind't ghet charged yet , and the second thing i want to know  what will happend after this mounth , my sim card will be going on with my chosed plan until i  want to cancel it or will stop working after one mounth...?? Thank you!

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Moldo, did you get an email from iD confirming your direct debit was setup when you joined iD?

Have you checked your bank account to see if the iD direct debit has been setup?

Userlevel 1

Yes , i have checked my bank account and direct debit is setup , also i have the email which says :  

""Thanks again for joining iD Mobile, here are the details of your first monthly bill. You've already set up a Direct Debit with us, so the payment will automatically come out of your bank account"".
Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Moldo,

If you’ve got a direct debit (DD) setup, the payment will be taken in due course. It may be late occasionally, for example if the collection date falls on a bank holiday or Saturday or Sunday.

Each month I get an SMS from iD telling me my bill is ready, and also the date my next DD will be collected on.

Did you get an SMS like this?

When did you join iD Mobile?

Userlevel 1

I join ID Mobile on 8 Jan and i recived sms in the same day with the bill and the day of payment.

""Your bill for this month is ready to view online or in the iD app. If you pay by Direct Debit, payment will be taken on or around 19-01-2022. If not, please log into the iD app or my.idmobile.co.uk and pay by 19-01-2022"".

Userlevel 1
Should i pay it from the iD app to not be a problem or wait for a couple of days more?? I just don't want to affect my credit score or something...and what about the other question i mention it??
Userlevel 8
Badge +9

NO @Moldo, don’t do that.

If you’ve setup a Direct Debit to pay, it will be collected in due course. If iD can’t collect the DD on the first attempt, they try again 5 days later.

Try and relax, you’ve got the DD setup as your payment method, so it should be fine.

If you’re concerned get in-touch using the Live Chat service. It’s best to connect and chat 9am - 8pm weekdays or 9am - 6pm weekends, because iD agents are available at these times.

Just type “talk to a person” after connecting to get an iD agent and avoid the 24/7 chat-bot.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

Ok , thank you for your advice , i will wait.What about  thath other question...""my sim card will be going on with my chosed plan until i  want to cancel it or will stop working after one mounth...?? I want to mention i chose 1month contract , what will happend next when the therm end?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Moldo, on a one-month rolling SIM plan, it keeps going until you cancel.

You can cancel anytime after the 1st month, by giving 30 days notice, or use a PAC or STAC to leave sooner.

I’ve got a 1-month rolling SIM plan from iD, which just keeps going while I pay my bills (by DD).

Why iD Mobile?