Solved

Phone advises I need to post credit as used data and reached cap. Not correct - cannot contact ID

• 23 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

All yesterday phone refused to make calls as recording stated I had reached the limit of my set cap and my data allocation used up.  Logged into my account and neither is true.  No phone support from ID.  Logged in today and clicked livechat and each time was taken incorrectly to chatbot not livechat.  Now livechat option has vanished and no way of contacting ID.  Excrutiating waste of 30 minutes of my time.

Cookies cleared, different browsers used and different devices.  Livechat simply does not exist.

Very annoying service orlack thereof .

How do you contact an uncontactable ID mobile?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 25 July 2022, 17:46

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Den Ledwidge, online chat really is the best option for immediate assistance from iD Mobile.

Start an online chat at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat.

Otherwise, try getting in-touch through their social media pages on facebook or Twitter.

The iD customer service agents work until 8pm weekdays. 

Userlevel 1

Hi, Thanks but when I now click online chat either direct or from the link you kindly supplied, the message I get now is…

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.

Your support ID is: 638120043708606023

I have given up and decided to switch provider.  

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yeah @Den Ledwidge, this happens when you try and use live chat when you’re signed-in to your iD Community account.

An iD customer experiences this issue when they use their smartphone, where everything is done in the default web browser.

You probably won’t be surprised to know that although iD Mobile are aware of this issue, it’s not been fixed.

Out of interest, who’s your new service provider?

Userlevel 1

Hi,  I have switched to Virgin where I have a better deal and they answer the phone and emails.  Still not had any reply to my message to ID Mobile.  Chat still does not work.  Covid may be blamed for a lot of things but ID’s customer service was routinely poor long before Covid and even worse since.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Den Ledwidge 

I’m sorry to hear you’ve had a less than great experience with us.

When you go to our live chat you will initially speak to our chat bot to get some basic information about your issue but you will eventually be sent to a human who can help with your issue.

Alternatively we have our Facebook and Twitter pages which as @andewhite says are open until 8pm on weekdays and 5:30pm on weekends.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hello Tom

Please be assured that your chat bot did not at any time refer me on to a human it simply gave a pointless and unhelpful reply, asked if my issue was resolved then simply disconnected me.

In respect of your overdue response over seven days after I posted here, I gave up trying to communicate with a completely uncommunicative company and after years with you I switched to Virgin where I can talk to a human being at any time without feeling undervalued or ignored.  Your support service is disgracefully poor and you need to do far better to avoid losing other customers.

Why iD Mobile?