Solved

"sign in to network" - Top-up not being recognised

• 24 July 2022
  • 1 reply

I’ve been with ID mobile for years now, and not had a problem. 

However, recently, I tried to top-up my pay-as-you-go phone; I purchased a £20 bundle. I had ran out of data, texts, calls etc, so needed to sign into my friend’s mobile hotspot to use their data whilst I bought a new bundle. The first payment went through, but the bundle wasn’t added on. I assumed there was some kind of interuption to my data connection at the time as I was using a tempermental mobile hotspot, so I purchased the bundle again. 

The bundle was purchased sucessfully, and even as I write this ,my ID mobile account page says the bundle is activated and I have unlimited everything. However, that is not the case. My phone only works on wifi, and I still have no calls, texts, or data. My signal bar is reading a signal, and I can receive calls and texts. I have the  notification popping-up, which says, “sign in to network”. Essentially, my phone is behaving like I have no active plan, when I do. It’s been days, and still nothing.

I’ve tried resolving the problem by rebooting, turning off and on again, turning airplane mode off/on, manually connect to the ID network, turned off auto-connnect to ID network, but still no sucess.

Trying to get help for this issue has been difficult, as there are no telephone services with ID, so I can’t talk to anyone. Also, the LiveChat function is not working, as the webpage seems to be having technical difficulties. I am really frusrtrated, and have never come across a service with such unreliable, broken, and scarce support. 

Also, both £20 payments had been removed from my bank account, and I have had no bundle at all. I want a full refund, and if I can’t get help with this issue, I will be leaving the network. It’s bad enough having to come on this community page just to try and get a solution. Funnily enough, I don’t care about my phone network enough to join a community about it, but I have no other choice. Ridiculous. 

If anyone from the ID team can help me, it would be very appreciated. I might sound rude but I’m just frustrated and I know it’s not anyone’s fault in particular. 

Please 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 25 July 2022, 11:23

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @JackL, for immediate assistance, the online chat at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat really is your best option.

Otherwise, you can get in-touch through the iD social media pages on facebook or Twitter.

The customer service team work until 8pm weekdays. 

Why iD Mobile?