Question

SIM card change

• 25 February 2021
  • 7 replies

I am an existing customer, my 24 month contract has ended and I have changed to a sim only, monthly contract.  I have received a new sim in the post - do I need to use this new sim or can i carry on with my existing sim card?

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @JulieD 

When changing plans, we always send out a new sim card. You can carry on using the existing sim card and dispose of the new sim card. Or you can use the new sim cad and dispose of the existing one. It would totally be your choice.

Regards

-Mohsin

I need to change my sim card from Micro to Nano, this is because I am going to change my phone. I do not wish to change my plan or my numbe, just the sim card. can this be done?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @Doug2671 

Our SIM cards are  3-in-1 which means you can pop out the size you require.

This means it'll fit in any device that takes a regular SIM, Micro SIM or Nano SIM type.

Michelle

iD Mobile 

Sorry Michelle, but that is not the case, I,E. my old phone has a Micro sim card in a micro simcard holder, A micro sim card will not Fit into a Nano simcard holder and my new phone I am going to buy has a nano simcard holder.

So I need to change the sin card.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Doug2671 

Just to confirm, if you were to take out your sim from your phone, are you unable to see the cut-out for the nano sim? All you need to is push the middle part of the sim card and this will take off the micro sim layer and then you can use the sim inside a nano sim holder. If you are unable to do this, just let us know and we will send out a replacement sim.

-Mohsin

Sorry Mohsin, but as I have already said the Micro sim card that I have is an OLD ONE Its in its 3rd phone now, it is one piece, solid and not one, I guess you have never seen. it is now about 20 years old!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Doug2671,

Ah that must be quite an old SIM card then! We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can send you a new SIM card.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?