Solved

sim free phone

• 10 March 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

hi all can i purchase a sim free phone from id on carphone warehouse and put my existing  id sim  card into the new phone.will it just carry on at the existing monthly bill.i am able to upgrade but dont want any of the phones on the list.luckily i can afford a sim free phone i want ,many thanks

icon

Best answer by Mohsin 11 March 2021, 12:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @armless31 

As you have purchased a sim-free phone, the best thing to do would be to do a sim-only plan change on your existing sim card. You can do this by logging into your iD Mobile account and selecting the deals from the plan change section. Feel free to message us for any issues you may have.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

i havent bought the phone yet i was just checking if there would be any problem.i thought the sim card might be locked to my old id phone.i never done this before many thanks for your help 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @armless31,

Thanks for clarifying that, in answer to your question then, yes!

You can purchase a phone SIM-free from anywhere (providing it’s unlocked, which it will be via Carphone Warehouse) and you can put your current iD Mobile SIM in the device.

What we would recommend, which is what my colleague was touching on, is when the contract is about to end (last 20-days), you can log into the iD app/account and then upgrade that iD account but into a SIM-only.

That way you’re only paying for a SIM once the contract ends and you can carry on using your SIM-free phone.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Many thanks I have logged in but cannot find where to upgrade to sim free looked in change my plan but only gives more expensive plans assistance needed

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello there @armless31 

Hopefully this post here will help: 

Are you currently outside of your existing contrat?

Userlevel 1

hi no it ends 8th may 2021 .unfortunately think i am going to have to wait. was wondering if you are able to do it a bit earlier.if so what would be the correct sequence of doing it change my plan to sim then order phone or the other way round.many thanks 

Userlevel 1

think im probably jumping the gun a bit but i thought i would ask

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @armless31 

It would be best to wait around the end of April and then checking your iD account for the upgrade deals - If you were to upgrade now, then you will have to pay an early upgrade fee. 

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?