Sim hasn't arrived after 10 days

Userlevel 1

Hi, still not receiving my new sim card. Ordered on 16 Jun 2022, received an email said I should be receiving in 3 working days. And another email saying I will be billed soon!!! After reading so many negative posts in about sim card not being delivered and bad communication system, I am not sure if I should keep waiting, or cancel the contract within 14 days of the cooling period.

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Yeeha28, why wait more than 5 days for your new SIM card to arrive?

New pay monthly SIM card orders should be delivered in 3-5 days from date of dispatch. iD Mobile have been charging you for your pay monthly SIM plan because new SIM cards are supplied already activated!

I’d advise you to get this sorted out quickly - if you’re going to cancel/return your order, I recommend reading the “How do I cancel or return my order?” community article, which explains how.

Good luck.

Userlevel 1

If still no sign of sim card tomorrow,  I will cancel my contract and the direct debit 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I wouldn’t cancel the Direct Debit - you could end up with an unpaid debt, which iD will pass to a debt collection agency.

If you want to preserve your credit rating, follow the process laid out in the terms & conditions you agree when you bought your iD plan.

Good luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Yeeha28 

Sorry to hear that you haven’t received your order, if you haven’t had it by the 5th working day let us know and we can help out with sending a replacement SIM to you!

I wouldn’t recommend cancelling your direct debit as this isn’t a cancellation of the contract, only a cancellation of the method used to pay bills, bills will still be due.

Tom

Userlevel 1

I had a chat with ID mobile, they are sending another sim, in 5 days max I should be receiving my new sim. I will give an update to whether if I have received or not

Userlevel 1

I have just received my new sim from ID mobile today.

Activated the sim, all working well. I have 3 bars out of 4 on a 4G signal in my flat.

Why iD Mobile?