Question

Since I can't reach ID customer service I would appreciate ID staff's help and input here

• 26 April 2021
  • 2 replies

I was attacked and robbed in my flat at the middle of the night in September 2020 where all my phones, laptop were stolen. I have been on a pay monthly as you go sim only with ID for years which doesn’t have a fixed term contract and by definition of the pay monthly as you go contract I can cancel my sim anytime by cancelling my payment, which is exactly what I did after a couple of months into the robbery. As the contract terms stated that users could cancel their sims anytime by cancelling payment I followed up on it and cancelled my direct debit expecting it to automatically stop my sim too, but now in 2021 I’m receiving letters from https://www.lcsdr.com/ threatening to send my details to HMRC if I don’t pay about 60 quid for this contract which means you continued to charge my sim for 4 additional months even when there was zero usage as my phone was stolen( which is extremely unethical and a whole other story on it’s own - like would you still be charging me had I not cancelled my debit card even when my phone and sim were turned off? like where do companies draw the line of exploiting their customers?)

I have previously tried to reach out a number of times, especially the last time I think(if im not mistaken) even tried to submit the police report of the crime, but since there isn’t any direct chatline online in ID page I had to resort to trying to enquire the same way as I’m doing right now leaving a question, which didn’t get followed up properly at the time.

I was paying £15 per month for my monthly pay as you go sim, so £60 is a total of 4 months that you proceeded to charge me despite me having cancelled my payment for the sim. 

Like I said I have previously tried to contact in numerous occasion to resolve this, which is not my fault that you don’t have direct customer contact in place in your webpage and have delayed response to anything urgent.

I even rang https://www.lcsdr.com/ to explain all of this but they said they were fully busy and to call another time. One can only stay hold on the phone for so long!

Please can any one who works at ID look into this injustice! I can provide crime number and the police detective incharge of my case’s contact details for reference, specially if you wish to speak with them.

Thanks,

Pranita

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @tom_riddle 

We are sorry to hear that you had experienced such an unfortunate incident in September 2020. 

In order to disconnect an account, we do require a 30-day notice. If disconnection notice has not been given then the account would remain active and you would be charged the monthly line rental. Cancelling the Direct Debit would only mean you’ve switched to the option of paying your bills manually now. Also just to advise, there is no such thing as a pay monthly as you go contract (like you mentioned in your post), it is either a Pay monthly contract (12 months or 1 month rolling sim)  or a Pay as you go sim. From what you have explained, you may have had a 12 months sim only contract which you believed to be cancelled when you cancelled the direct debit, unfortunately, this is not the correct process in order to cancel a Pay monthly contract so the plan will have remained active. We will send you a Private Message now to check what sim plan you had. To view the message sent, simply click on your profile icon and select Private Messages.

-Mohsin 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Also @tom_riddle 

I can see an advisor from our team had sent you a Private Message 2 months ago and we did not get a response back from you. I have sent you another Private Message now, we hope to hear back from you so we can look into this. 

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?