Question

unlimited data bundle

• 24 October 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a Vodafone R218h mifi dongle that is unlocked.  I have successfully used my iD SIM card in this device several times, but not regularly.  I have recently added a £20.00 bundle for unlimited data.  The dongle says it’s connected and shows it has a network signal, but when I connect my phone to it via wifi it says there is no internet connection.  I have also tried the iD SIM card directly in my phone am still cannot get any internet.  The SIM card was anonymous and I though this may have been a ploy by iD to get me to register.  I have since registered the SIM card but still cannot use the data on the card.  Would iD have de-activated the SIM card if it is not regularly used or am I missing something else?  

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Leon Smith,

When did you add the data bundle to the account and how did you add it?

Could you please insert the SIM into the handset and check your allowances by calling 7777.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi @Kash 

I added the bundle a couple of days ago through the iD website whilst logged into my account.  I have placed the SIM card into my iPhone and dialled 7777 as you have suggested.  I had a message to say the call wasn’t possible because I have reached my cap and I either need to add more money or to increase my cap.  As I have the bundle, I’m not sure why or how I’ve reached the cap and I haven’t encountered this before.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Leon Smith ,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Hi i would like to know how Leon Smith

got on, because i am planning on getting the Unlimited Data  (5G)Unlimited Minutes & Texts ID sim, to use in my Vodafone R216 Dongle while in Europe using the data only. not interested in using Text or Minutes

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Bob Oconnell,

How long will it be used in Europe for before coming back to the UK?

Will

2 to 3 months at a time, I use the dongle for the security cam’s on the motorhome, has they are on all the time, it would be nice not to keep paying for extra data.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Bob Oconnell,

This wouldn’t fall under the fair usage limit we have set on data roaming I’m afriad. It would if the SIM came back with you and then returned though.

Will

What is your “fair usage limit” set on data roaming ?

Badge +10

@Bob Oconnell

Fair usage policy

Our fair usage policy has been designed to prevent misuse of our inclusive EU roaming feature, such as someone permanently roaming and not living in the UK.

We understand that sometimes you'll want to roam for a few weeks at a time. That's absolutely fine. But if you roam more than you use your phone at home (we mean in the UK) over a 4-month period, we might think you’re permanently roaming. If so, we'll take the following action:

First of all, we'll send you a text reminding you of the fair usage policy. If you don't change your usage behaviour to comply with it, we'll also ask you to provide some sort of proof that you have strong ties to the UK, like a UK bill or bank statement.

If you don’t provide any proof of having strong ties to the UK, and you continue to roam in the EU more than you use your plan in the UK, we'll apply a surcharge to your EU roaming usage. When we do this we'll send you another text message - to make you're aware of the situation, and give you a second chance to stop roaming and avoid charges.

The surcharges that will be applied to your account if you exceed our fair usage limits are:

• 3.2p per minute
  • 1p per text
  • 0.25p per MB

More details about the open data policy and a handy calculator in the below link:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming/fair-usage-policy

Why iD Mobile?