Question

When does my PAYG SIM activate?

If I buy a PAYG SIM ready for when my Three credit is used up will the clock start running on the first month’s bundle at the time of purchare, or when I start to use it?

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Normally the clock starts running at the time you purchase your PAYG bundle.

Shame, I’d like to have a SIM ready to go in advance, but no point in paying 2 ompanies at the same time

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The way to avoid paying two companies at once is to get a PAC from your old provider and give that to your new provider as soon as possible.

If you text INFO to 85075, you should find out if there are early termination fees to pay three, before leaving for iD.

The way to avoid paying two companies at once is to get a PAC from your old provider and give that to your new provider as soon as possible.

Yes but I still have to get the new sim and start paying before the old credit has expired

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Pop into Currys - the in-store team might be able to confirm if an iD PAYG SIM needs to be activated, or is ready to use.

If it needs to be activated, then I would say you won’t start your bundle until the SIM is activated.

Clearly, if the iD PAYG SIM is ready to use, then your bundle starts when you buy it.

Anyway, good luck.

Pop into Currys - the in-store team might be able to confirm if an iD PAYG SIM needs to be activated, or is ready to use.

If it needs to be activated, then I would say you won’t start your bundle until the SIM is activated.

Clearly, if the iD PAYG SIM is ready to use, then your bundle starts when you buy it.

Anyway, good luck.

That’s the question, obviously I like to have on ready to go when I spend the last of the Three credit, but it would be a waste to have it uusing it’s allowance before I want to use it.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Maybe just purchase an iD PAYG SIM in-store on the last day you have credit on your three plan.

That’s not too much of an overlap.

Yep I’ll have to run it pretty close, but right now I don’t know when I’ll use the last of my £3.17 Three PAYG credit, it could be a few weeks or several months

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Niamh H 

I’d recommend waiting until you’re about to/have ran out of credit on your current SIM before purchasing another PAYG SIM, ours activate the moment you buy them and not when you begin to use them.

Tom

Hi @Niamh H 

I’d recommend waiting until you’re about to/have ran out of credit on your current SIM before purchasing another PAYG SIM, ours activate the moment you buy them and not when you begin to use them.

Tom

I could live with that if delivery is prompt.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Delivery is by Royal Mail within 3-5 working days from purchase date.

Obviously, there isn’t this issue when you purchase in-store.

Delivery is by Royal Mail within 3-5 working days from purchase date.

Obviously, there isn’t this issue when you purchase in-store.

Do all Currys stores have them in stock? Wouldn’t want to make a 40 mile round trip only to find no stock

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @Niamh H, I’ve never known a Currys store not to have at least one iD SIM in stock. If you want to be doubly sure, you can contact the FacebookTwitter or Live Chat teams so they can take a look.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?