Question

Where is my SIM card?

I ordered my SIM only 4 days ago and it said it would arrive within 3 days. I go abroad tomorrow and really wanted it set it up before I went away. Can someone explain to me please? I haven't even received an email from DPD stating it's been dispatched!!!!

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately, iD send their SIM cards by Royal Mail and do say they can take up to 5 working days to be delivered.

If you need one before you go away, best get down to Currys and pick-up an iD SIM card in-store - you’ll be able to check everything's working then-and-there, before you get away (on holiday?).

Good luck!

Will they give me a SIM card free of charge? Thanks for your prompt reply :) 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’m not sure - but I know a replacement SIM costs £5 from Currys.

You could start a new plan and cancel your recent SIM order, in the cooling off period.

If you’re joined iD for their inclusive EU roaming benefit, you’ve probably left it too late for your forthcoming trip abroad.

Anyway, good luck.

Thanks again for replying. Do you mind me asking why I've left it too late? I fly to Prague the day after tomorrow

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Ah, yes… your original post said you’d be travelling abroad tomorrow (Thursday).

Anyway, with luck your iD SIM order might arrive in tomorrow morning’s post, which will give a bit of time to check it works et cetera...
🤞

If not, you’ might be stuck with your existing provider, who presumably don’t have an inclusive EU roaming benefit.

Aaah I see. Ok. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks again for your help

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’re going to Turkey, the iD inclusive EU roaming in 50 destinations benefit does not apply.

Hope your new iD SIM arrives tomorrow and works straight-away.

🤞 

Why iD Mobile?