Will data on my old plan roll over to my new plan when I change?

• 20 January 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

Sorry, you can't roll over unused data from the billing period when you changed plans. Instead, your Data Rollover will re-start at the beginning of your new plan.

Continue searching on our Community 

or

Speak to us on Live Chat.

7 replies

I think that is disgraceful as I had saved 40gb of data and thought it would continue with my more expensive new payment plan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I think that is disgraceful as I had saved 40gb of data and thought it would continue with my more expensive new payment plan.

Hey Lee, sorry to hear that. 

We do try to make this clear in our FAQs and I believe when you are submitting the request to change plans.

You will be able to start accruing data rollover again after your next plan reset date to start building your pot of unused data again.

Mohammed

I was saving it up for when I go in hospital. I am now in hospital and have no data. 

Could I  be given some free data as a gesture of good will as I have been a ID customer for over 6. years.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Lee Tay,

We aren’t able to apply free data as we do confirm this at the point of changing plans and iD Mobile have not incorrectly removed the allowances.

You would get a pro-rata allowance for the plan change which should give you some of the data also from this new plan you selected.

Mohammed

Sorry I don't understand what is a pro rata allowance?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Lee Tay 

If you upgrade in the last 10 days of your billing period, you’ll get 10 days worth of the new upgrades allowances for the rest of the billing period.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?