Solved

Can I change to a SIM only deal while I am abroad?

• 3 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I will be reaching the end of my Pay Monthly phone contract at the end of this month, and I was wondering whether I can change to a cheaper SIM only deal from then onwards, while keeping my number and the SIM that is in my phone.

I am currently abroad in a EU country, and am only planning to come back to the UK once the pandemic shows signs of subsiding and travel restrictions are lifted, which I suspect won’t take place before the end of the month.

So my questions are:

Can the change of plan be effected without having to change SIM (without a new SIM having to be mailed to my UK address)?

Can the change of plan be activated while I am abroad (without having to be physically present in the UK)?

If so, how can I request the change of plan?

Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by Gregor 3 April 2020, 19:42

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @cgarcia 

Yes you can activate it when you abroad. When you receive your sim login to your online account and you will be prompt to activate it.

Kind Regards 

Gregor 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @cgarcia 

You can upgrade your contract to Sim Only deal and you can do it but accessing your Account or iD Mobile app just head over to "My Account" -> "Check if you can upgrade" then sort the deals from cheapest first and sim only deals will come on the top of the page. New Sim Card will be mailed to you anyway but it needs to be activated by you manually until you do it your old sim will continue to work. Just be careful when you finalize your upgrade and login back to your Account when you will see pop up windows asking if you are ready to use your new sim then click "no" so you can keep your current sim active. That worked for me when I upgraded my contract :-) 

Kind Regards 

Gregor

Hello Gregor,

Thank you for your reply. It is helpful to know that I can sort the deals by price because I wasn’t able to see the cheaper deals when I last logged in. I have been trying to log in since but the server is very slow at the moment and it always throws me out. If that gets sorted in the next few days and I’m able to order a new SIM, and ask a friend who is living in my UK address at the moment to post it to me, can I activate it while I am abroad, in an EU country?

That’s great, thank you Gregor!

Why iD Mobile?