Solved

Can I get a SIM Only contract for my 16 yr old son who is coming from abroad?

• 25 August 2018
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I live abroad. My (nearly 16 yr old) son is going to the UK for a Diploma course in September. Is there somewhere I can indicate that the SIMO contract is for him and not for me ? I filled in the info requested on myself but didn't go to the end of the process as I wasn't sure it was possible to specify that it is for my son. The contract would be paid out of my UK bank account until he gets his own account and then we would shift over to his.

Many thanks for your advice,
--Kirsty
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 27 August 2018, 15:44

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello,

I live abroad. My (nearly 16 yr old) son is going to the UK for a Diploma course in September. Is there somewhere I can indicate that the SIMO contract is for him and not for me ? I filled in the info requested on myself but didn't go to the end of the process as I wasn't sure it was possible to specify that it is for my son. The contract would be paid out of my UK bank account until he gets his own account and then we would shift over to his.

Many thanks for your advice,
--Kirsty

Hello @klepage,
Welcome to the iD Community.

By my understanding, you're wanting to take out a plan for him to use and set it up with your bank account, then later swap this over to his bank details once hes' arrived in the UK and able to make payments?

There are a few requirements for purchasing a contract.

To start, it would need to be in your name as we aren't able to set up a contract in anyone under the age of 18.

You'll need 3 years of UK address history for this and it would be subject to a credit check.

The Direct Debit details would be set up in your name but can be amended later on or manual payments be made using his own UK bank card.

For all support though, we'd need to speak to you as you are the account holder, so if any support was required on tracking the order, coverage or disconnecting, only you would be able to do it.

Hope this helps clarify things for you.

Mohammed
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Thanks, Mohammed.

Well, as I currently live abroad for most of the time then I guess this excludes us from your customer base. Even if I'm British, I have a UK bank account and an address in the UK (at my parents') for when I am in the country.

That's sad.

I'll have to look for another provider then, for my son, as he starts his course in the UK.
Kind regards,
--Kirsty

No problem @klepage,

Sorry that I wasn't able to provide a more favourable response to this.

Hope you're able to find the best provider to suit yours/his needs.

Mohammed
Thanks, Mohammed.

Well, as I currently live abroad for most of the time then I guess this excludes us from your customer base. Even if I'm British, I have a UK bank account and an address in the UK (at my parents') for when I am in the country.

That's sad.

I'll have to look for another provider then, for my son, as he starts his course in the UK.
Kind regards,
--Kirsty

Why iD Mobile?