Solved

Can I transfer my contract to someone else?

• 20 April 2018
  • 7 replies

My contract is finished and I have been offered an upgrade. Am I able to transfer this to someone else who wants my contract? If so what the process?
icon

Best answer by Rory 4 October 2020, 10:40

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @pottersj 

This will be fine, the Porting a number from EE under your name to an iD number under your sons name will not be an issue.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

Hi @Kevin 

I think you have answered my question here, but just to confirm. 

My son currently uses a sim on another network but the account is in my name. If he takes out a contract with iD Mobile, will iD accept the PAC from the other network to transfer the number across even though the account names are different?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @ColinG 

Technically speaking.  You could get a PAC (code) for a number in your name, and then move that over to another network (on an account set up in whomever’s name you wish for the account to be under).

Though a change of name on an account itself isn’t something we can help with, as the account would be setup initially only after having run a credit check on the original named individual.

Thanks for the answer. This is incredible, it should be easy to do.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @ColinG, unfortunately not. You’re able to change Direct Debit details, but it’s not possible to transfer ownership of an account.

Thank you,

Rory

Hi

Is it still not possible to transfer an account/number?

Thank you,

Colin

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @katie bailey,

We're glad to hear you're thinking of upgrading with us.

We don't support change of ownership at this moment in time.

The only way to get a contract in the name of someone else would be for them to apply for a new connection on a new number. You can then cancel the existing contract.

Hope this answers your question.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?