Solved

Can I use the new phone at a later date? Christmas present

• 24 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone, I purchased a new phone with a contract for my daughter for Christmas for this year. It has just arrived, however I wont be giving it to her until Christmas. So my question is can i leave it for 5 weeks unused and then get her number changed over at Christmas time or is there a time limit for setting everything up and transferring new number? I appreciate i am paying for a month with no usage but that cant be helped.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 27 November 2020, 16:43

Yes you can @De3,

If you upgraded, the old SIM should still be active, just make sure you don’t accidentally activate the new SIM.

Worst case if you do, you can always just give the new SIM to them and advise you had to request a new one and make up any reason :)

The phone will stay as is and you can use at any time, or not at all for that matter (for whatever reason you want to).

Mohammed

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes you can @De3,

If you upgraded, the old SIM should still be active, just make sure you don’t accidentally activate the new SIM.

Worst case if you do, you can always just give the new SIM to them and advise you had to request a new one and make up any reason :)

The phone will stay as is and you can use at any time, or not at all for that matter (for whatever reason you want to).

Mohammed