Solved

Cannot activate upgrade sim

• 25 May 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Tried for three days to activate new sim, security code is not being sent to phone or email despite numerous attempts. Rang Customer service yesterday who asked me to call back, I said no I want some help now, they simply put me on hold and then sent me back to the menu which self selected a survey that asked each question over and over four times before cutting me off. Dire customer service in my opinion for a simple sim activation helpcall. If someone doesn’t help activate the sim today I will cancel the upgrade and take my business elsewhere.
icon

Best answer by terrywebbs 25 May 2019, 16:55

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Nicola Priest

Can I just ask how are you trying to activate new sim? I mean, what steps are you taking to activate new sim? I am asking because I have upgraded my number recently and I did not have to receive security code, I just logged in to my Account using iD Mobile app and there I got pop up message asking if I changed my sim card to the new one alread, I tapped yes and all is working fine since then.
Userlevel 1
THe details are all in the question?
Userlevel 1
I followed the instructions on the sim pack, went to the idmobile app entered the mobile number and awaited a security code as instructed...and waited and waited after several attempts. Tried from I’d mobile and other devices without success. Rang customer service for help and let’s just say they were less than helpful.
Userlevel 1
Well I have to say that after three hours of posting on here, I have still not received any help or assistance on resolving this and activating the new sim. I am loathe to waste money calling your customer service department on a non ID Mobile device only to pay for the call and be cut off after waiting on hold. I will have no choice but to the return the mobile phone and cancel the upgrade as it’s effectively useless to me. Never had this problem when upgrading on other networks.
Badge +10
Hi welcome to the ID Community

The best thing to do is just goto this link
https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/your-sim-card
...and then click on Activate your SIM

Follow the instructions, this should work better than the app
The app does have little glitches now and again, apologies.

Alternatively login to your account with a web browser (not the app)
goto my services and Activate my SIM

Before you activate best to restart your mobile with the new sim in (turn it off and back on)
Then do the same again once its activated
Userlevel 1
Thanks Terry, it was sending the security code to the wrong email address or a different one to that listed in the activation request.

Why iD Mobile?