Solved

Change of plan; data hadn't been updated?

• 28 May 2019
  • 2 replies

I've changed my plan from a small 1gb data with 0.5gb rollover and used it all, as we have moved house and have no internet yet. Therefore I had changed my plan to a higher Data of 10gb. After 30 minutes everything refreshed on my allowance but instead of 10gb, ID has only given me 6.1gb which 1.5 of that was from my previous plan.. that doesn't make sense as I've upgraded my plan for £13 for specifically 10gb?

Any ideas?
icon

Best answer by terrywebbs 28 May 2019, 19:24

View original

2 replies

Badge +10
Hi welcome to The ID community

From memory I think you will find this is correct, your current upgraded allowance is calculated on pro-rata basis until the next full month, so it's only showing part of the allowances.

Has something to do with timing, if you upgraded exactly on your anniversary date of joining it would have shown different again, more in line with what you expected it to show.

Next month it will work itself out, I am sure!

How will my current month's cost and allowances be worked out when I change plan?
Until your next bill is produced, your current month's plan cost and allowances are worked out as follows:
Plan cost - The pro-rated totals from your old and new plans. You pay your line rental in advance, so you'll get a credit in your next bill for the extra line rental you've paid.
Allowances - The total allowances from your old plan, plus the pro-rated total from your new plan.
The fact that we don't pro-rate your old allowances is good news, because it means there's a good chance you'll end up with a few extra allowances until your next billing period starts.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/plan-changes
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @Mrae29,

@terrywebbs has answered this one for us.

You will receive a pro-rata allowance for this month as you're changing part way through the billing month. Your full allowances kick in the next month on your normal refresh date.

The only thing to add to this is, Data rollover requires you to be on a plan for 30-days to work. Since your plan change puts you on a new plan, you will not receive any data rollover when your plan refreshes. This feature however, should continue again like normal for future months.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?