Solved

Change to a SIM only plan

• 21 September 2020
  • 9 replies

Hi!

My contract will be ending on

20/10/2020 and I don’t want to upgrade my phone but want to switch (sim only plan ) and want to keep my existing number. Can you tell me please when and what should I do?

icon

Best answer by Ryan 22 September 2020, 17:19

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @SKK,

If you can log into your account online or through our app to view your upgrade options, the SIM only plan upgrade plans should be there.

When logged in, you should see SIM only plans showing up as an option but if you don’t then we would recommend waiting closer to your minimum term end date. Be sure that you are not selecting to buy a brand new plan when doing this too or else you will be set up with a second plan.

Ryan

Thanks for your reply! 😊

i can see some options in my account through the aap ( your recommended deals) > (view all upgrade deals) > (filter) then I chose (contract length for one month) > ( sim only deals upgrade ) then clicked on (choose this plan) Am i doing all this right?

So this way is that mean i need to buy or slect a new sim plan with a new number?  And how can i keep my existing number?

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @SKK, as long as you’re seeing the word ‘upgrade’, you’re golden! This will ensure that your existing line will be converted to SIM-only and your number will remain the same.

Thank you,

Rory

how do i change to sim only please

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @janet bailey 

If you are no longer in a contract with us currently.

Then go into the iD Mobile App or log in to our website (you’ll need to register your iD Mobile account if you haven’t already).

Then within there you can look at a “plan change” to switch over to a SIM-only rolling 30-day contract of your pleasing.

Let us know if you have any further questions though.

Userlevel 1

This seems like a common problem, I am also trying to change a phone account to Sim Only but have no option to do this. My contract has ran out with yourselves and I need this doing asap before I get fed up and decide to take my custom elsewhere.

Please can you help

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @schenry 

In the last 60-days you’re eligible to upgrade to a new contract.

.You can upgrade to a SIM-only plan (replacing your contract) in the last 20-days of your contract.

If you meet the above criteria and are still experiencing issues, please do let us know. 

Michelle 

Userlevel 1

Hi Michelle,

My contract has expired as I said initially, I was offered a £6 a month deal on the email but can not contact anyone to get this sorted out.

Please can you help?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @schenry,

If your number is still active with us, you should be able to log in to view your upgrade options; from there you can then select our SIM-only plans.

You will need to contact our Live Chat Team here though if you need help with a plan that isn’t listed.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?