Solved

Changing a new plan

• 14 November 2020
  • 3 replies

I took out a sim only plan last week. Unfortunately my phone has now stopped working. Am I able to change the plan to include a phone? 

It was a 30 day rolling contract. 

icon

Best answer by Kevin 18 November 2020, 18:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @BridgetEvans 

With the new SIM-only contract you took with us, I think you would need to give it 6 months in most cases before upgrade options would show up on your account.

Though if you’ve taken a new number from us with that SIM-only contract (that you’re not overtly attached to).  Then you could simply place a new order for a 24-month contract, and request to have that SIM-only contract you just taken out cancelled.

If that’s an idea?

If you’ve moved a number over to us though (that you’re looking to keep), then you’d be better off moving that number away from us (to something short term with another provider), then you could bring the number over to us then after you’ve taken out a 24-month contract with a phone.  Moving a number from one iD Mobile account to another isn’t something we can do you see, hence why we’d require the number to moved to another provider.

Any further questions though, just ask.

my id 24 month monthly contract finishes in 4 days time i have a new id payg sim can i transfer my number over the sim has been activated

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Not directly sorry @razzer72.

You’d need to port the number away from the network, and then port it back in to your new Pay As You Go SIM card.

Will

Why iD Mobile?