Question

changing to sim only from a contract

• 8 September 2020
  • 3 replies

My contract is due to end on the 21st September. I would like to change to a sim only deal yet there is no option to do this on the app and I am unable to speak to someone to deal with my problem and keep getting taken to a live chat which is never working. I do not want to be paying for both my contract and sim only deal at the same time. So I want to know how I can set it up to start on the 21st so that I do not continue to pay the £18 for the contract once it’s finished. I want the £6 a month sim only deal with 3GB of data and unlimited texts and calls. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @kar1231,

Check in the last few days of your contract as the option doesn’t always show until then.

Are you sure that the contract end date is the 21st September or the upgrade date is the 21st September?

Text INFO to 85075 which should give you an indication of the costs. If it’s more than 1-months line rental then you’ve still got some time left. 

We’ll leave this topic open and if you can try on the 21st and let us know what happens.

Mohammed

This still doesn’t give you the option you say it does - I have less than a month to go - have had an email from you giving the options and guess what they aren’t available - only the option to go for a more expensive contract

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @PeterMcLK,

Have you gone through to the App and changed the filters on the upgrade options to show SIM only?

Will

Why iD Mobile?