Question

Contract ended, changed to SIM only, being charged for both

• 19 June 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi,

My 24 month contract ended in March. I changed to a SIM only package and received a new SIM card. I tried to keep my same number and when directed entered the details to activate my new SIM only to be told it was already activated. Since then I have been charged for both the SIM only and my monthly contract fee is still being taken by direct debit.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Lorraine

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Big L,

I’m sorry to hear that this has happened. It seems as though the SIM only package which you selected was for a brand new contract rather than an upgrade of your original plan; that new plan will come with its own number. 

You would probably be best cancelling the new plan and then upgrading your existing contract (the one with your old number). Alternatively, if you don’t care to keep your old number, you can cancel the old contract and keep the new SIM contract with the new number.

If you wish to cancel your old contract and keep going with the new one, please see this thread for ways to cancel. If you would rather cancel the new plan and upgrade your old plan, please let us know and we’ll offer further support.

Ryan

Thank you.

I would like to go ahead and cancel my new plan/number. If you could advise the best way to go about this please, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Lorraine

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Big L, you can learn how to cancel your plan here.

Thank you,

Rory

I am still being charged for my old contract as well as my new one and now they have stopped my calls I only have my new phone 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Dawn 318,

How was it you went about changing you plan? Did you do it through the App? It may be worth checking your emails to see if you received confirmation of a new line rather than an upgrade.

Please let us know either way.

Will

Why iD Mobile?