Question

contract ends in 1 week and I want to upgrade to a SIM-only

My contract is ending next week and I have zero means to contact anyone, I'd like a rolling monthly but no means to add this only to buy one now .. which isn't closing my contract ...so I have the option to buy a rolling monthly SIM separate to my current contract which means I'll still be going beyond my current contract plus I'll be paying a rolling monthly on top ...this isn't going to replace my contract from what I can see ..

17 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @chokwol 

Welcome to iD Community.

You can simply change your plan to a 30-day SIM in the app at the end of your contract.

It’s really quick and usually takes a few hours, before your new plan is live. You can find out how to change your plan https://community.idmobile.co.uk/plan-change-69/how-to-change-your-plan-31884

Once you’re out of your 24-month contract, there won’t be a fee to change your plan, however your first bill after you process your change may look a bit different than usual.

If you’ve already paid for your old plan, then you process a plan change, we’ll be sure to credit you for the over payment, and this will appear on your next bill. So, you don’t have to do it on the day your contact ends, as we’ll credit the difference, but if you’re changing your plan and not upgrading, do it after your contract ends.

Once you’ve changed your plan to a 30 day SIM, you can change your plan once every 30 days, so it’s worth keeping an eye on what’s available for you to change to. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks, 

Pearl

So I have to leave it until the final minuites of the day my contract ends ? I cannot do this 24 or 48  hours before ? 

Also will I receive a new SIM or do I carry on using the one I had with the contract ...it's not very clear .....I was told that I need to give notice or my contract will continue after the 24 months is up ......

Regards 

The link only shows a change of plan not how to go from a contract to a rolling monthly which was my original post …

Regards

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @chokwol 

Sorry to see your post so late. 

If you’re not eligible to upgrade, you won’t be able to upgrade but you can always do a plan change. 

The earliest you are able to upgrade would be 2 months before your contract end. If you are eligible for an upgrade its very simple ,please click here https://community.idmobile.co.uk/upgrades-68 for everything you need to know about upgrade.

However, we have answered how your next bill could look here  https://community.idmobile.co.uk/bills-allowances-charges-21/billing-query-pro-rata-after-upgrade-31665

When you upgrade or do a plan change, a new SIM is automatically sent out.

You don't have to use the new SIM, it is sent to you "just in case" if you need it. Your old SIM will work just fine.

To end your plan, yes you will need to give us 30 days notice to terminate your contract.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, 

Pearl

Thankyou 

So my 24 month contract ends next week I then want to go to a sim only monthly 

When do I proceed with this on the same day as my contract ends ?  Will my existing SIM  then just go over to a rolling monthly ? I don't need to do anything else 

Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @chokwol,

You should be able to do this today,

Just log into the iD app/account then click “My Account” and “Upgrade”.

You can select SIM-only and complete this by selecting the plan.

We’ll send a new SIM, which you can activate upon arrival to keep your number with and your allowances will automatically update once it’s completed.

Mohammed

Thankyou Mohammed 

Is it possible for me to use the existing SIM I have in the phone thus keeping the same number without having to go through the process off activating a new SIM 

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hi @chokwol

Sure is. Once you process a Plan change your new plan and allowance will be available on your current SIM and your number won’t change. 

You can also change your plan every 30-days if you’d like. 

Thanks,
Nikhil

Thanks most helpful

I've done as advised it's been an absolute chore ..my contract of 2 yrs is almost at an end and I have had zero confirmation ...I have applied for a rolling monthly that has gone through but my contract I cannot end so I now have a rolling monthly SIM in the post and a contract I cannot stop running over the 2yrs ...the process as advised by yourselves by getting a rolling monthly does not cancel my contract 

Regards

A price plan change is changing your current price plan it does not involve a rolling monthly this was wrong advice

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @chokwol 

I’m sorry to see this post was not responded to.

Can you please confirm if you’re issue is resolved now?

Data rollover can't be added to your plan is because you will be on an old plan type that existed before our new offer came into play and the plan can't be altered.

However, you can also contact our Live Chat team who are able to assist with account related support.  

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

We are running a limited service via webchat so you may experience extended waiting times. We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.

Unfortunately, we’re currently working on reduced staff due to COVID-19, and the team are extremely busy, so the Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting on the page, until the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Pearl

I have been on live chat and they say they cannot assist with my issue each time 

All I want to do is to make sure my contact ends after the 24 MTH period is up and go onto a monthly SIM only 

I have been issued the SIM but will want to continue with the existing SIM and Number and followed the prompts of how to do a plan change ...but I've had no confirmation mentioning wether my existing contract will cease ....so I'm now paying for a contract and a monthly SIM .....I only have one phone 

I'm sorry but live chat is a complete waste off time ...

My app now shows I'm paying for my contract and a rolling monthly all I want to do is a plan change ..

I have tried live chat 3 times and each time they say cannot assist 

I have no means to of talking with anybody Twitter or live chat ...the prompts I have followed from community I have followed to the T and still nothing .…

My first bill for the rolling monthly has come in for next month alongside the 24 months that looks like that is continuing ...only thing that's left is for me to cancel both direct debits and contact my bank because I'm not doing this it's daylight robbery 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @chokwol,

To switch to a SIM-only plan you need to log into the app/account and go to “My Account” followed by “Upgrade” then from the list select “SIM-only”.

From there, select the plan you want to switch to and we’ll upgrade you to a SIM-only plan and replace the contract.

It sounds like you have ordered a new SIM-only plan alongside your existing account.

You can still do the above steps to upgrade your handset contract to a SIM-only and we’ll PM you with how you can get the “new contract” cancelled.

Mohammed

As an ex Boy Scout I’ve always followed the “be prepared” code. With 5 days til the end of my phone purchase & pay monthly contract I purchased a SIM only deal ready to install with a PAC to keep my number. WRONG. Seems by replies can’t do - have to wait til the contract ends before a SIM only deal is offered with an automatic number switch and pay an extra month at the old rate. Any chance I can get a refund on the purchased SIM deal?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @viccoker 

Please can you confirm if you are new to iD?

Are you looking to port your number from another network to iD?

Michelle

Why iD Mobile?