Question

Contract has ended and want to reduce monthly charge

• 13 May 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Firstly I hope you are safe and well.

My initial contract with ID Mobile ended some weeks ago and I wish to continue but need to reduce my monthly bill. My initial contract included a handset which would have been factored into the monthly charge I am paying. I am happy and wish to keep the original handset and want to keep the set allowances but just go with SIM only option. I have tried to use the app to manage my plan and find cheaper options (ie SIM only and remove cost of handset which I have already paid for pro rata  etc) but all the offers are more expensive than what I currently pay?

Other providers have quoted me cheaper contract but I am happy with the service ID Mobile provide and wish to continue with yourselves, can you please help and advise?

Thanks 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Milkman9909,

Can you just clarify, when you go to the Upgrade options and select SIM-only are any results showing here?

If you want to change to a SIM only plan you’ll need to upgrade to a SIM-only deal via MyAccount.

The options shown are the current available to you.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi Mohammed,

Under MyAccount and going into ‘Change my plan’  I can see and have options to choose a new plan, however these are displayed automatically and I don’t seem to have an option to choose SIM only deal?  The allowance options shown are all higher than I currently have and require, therefore as a result the monthly charge for these are also higher than what I currently pay!

All I want to do is to keep my current existing allowances but reduce my monthly charge (as I am now retired). I understand if I don’t do anything then I will continue to pay the original contract charge. My issue is this would have included the cost of the handset which I would have already paid for pro rata under the initial contract period.

As I have now paid for the handset there must be an option available to me so I can retain my current monthly allowances but reduce my monthly cost surely? As I have mentioned before I have been quoted cheaper monthly costs by other providers which match the current monthly allowances I currently receive. I don’t really want to the hassle of moving to another provider if possible, therefore can you help or basically is what I am seeing (monthly higher allowance and cost options) are the only options available to me?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Milkman9909,

The change my plan option relates only to a plan change.

You will need to go to MyAccount then find “Upgrade”.

When in the upgrade section, select SIM-only.

You can only see the SIM-only option towards the last 24-days of your contract so checking earlier may not show this.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi Mohammed,

Think I’ve found what I want now under the SIM only monthly deals. 

One more stupid set of questions though please!

If I select one of the SIM only deals does my account number and mobile number stay the same? And finally do I get sent another SIM or do I just keep on using my current one?

Thanks again for all your help and sorry for all the questions?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Milkman9909 

If you do a plan change or an upgrade on the same connection, then yes your account number and your mobile number will stay the same. 

When you upgrade, a new SIM is automatically sent out.

You don't have to use the new SIM, it is sent to you "just in case" you need it. Your old SIM will work just fine as long as you don’t activate your new SIM that’s sent to you.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, 

Pearl

I have the same problem… however I have over paid on my contract because no one was around to help me stop it. When I was able to talk to someone they said I would be reimbursed for the over payment. How do I go about claiming it back?

kelly

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Kellsg92 

Please contact Live Chat team are available for account related support.

They’re available between 9am – 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am- 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Unfortunately, were working on a reduced staff due to COVID-19, and the team are extremely busy, so the Live Chat button may not always appear as `available`. If so, it may be a matter of waiting on the page, until the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available. No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Aklima

How do I find to find LIVE CHAT - 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @veronica1970 

Our Live Chat Team can be found here:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/contact-us

Open between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Why iD Mobile?