Question

Contract query / SIM only Plan Change

• 24 August 2020
  • 9 replies

Hi, my contract ends in November 20 but I think I am eligible for an upgrade next month. My current handset is about to die a death so I was wondering whether to buy a new handset but obviously continue with my current contract payments - could I change to a SIM only contract when my current contract ends? I have worked out it will be cheaper for me to do it that way however, I still want to retain my existing number. I have contacted you via Live Chat but to be honest, the answer wasn’t 100% clear and I don’t want to find out in November that I can’t keep the number. It wouldn’t be so much of an issue if the handset wasn’t playing up but I keep expecting it to conk out anytime and I’ve been told that earlier upgrades aren’t possible - which is fine. Many thanks

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello there @CJ1412 

If you’re not looking to be into another 24-month contract with a phone.  Then you’ll be able to simply do a Plan Change within the iD Mobile App -or- through the My Account area of our website come the date in November that your current contract ends.

Simply choose the SIM-only plan you’d be after and the change should take place within 24 hours.

Plan Changes (as with upgrades) would mean you retain the existing number you have with us. 

Only if you were ever to simply place a new order would you ever have a new number.

If you have any further questions though, just ask away here.

My name is Isabelle Quaye

I bought a sim only from carphone in Currys Purley way, they told me it was 10.00 then they took 35.00 out of my account, it was not discussed with me.

I wasn't told they are going to take money from my account, I thought sim only was good for me at this time.

I no longer want to have ID I have stopped my Direct Debit

My contract ran out 10/10/20, I no longer want to be with ID

CAN SOMEONE REPLY PLEASE

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

We’re sorry for not catching this one sooner @Mayasparkle 

If you purchased the SIM in Carphone Warehouse and they charged you £35 instead of what you thought was going to be £10, then that could be indicative that it’s Carphone Warehouse that has been the problem here.

How long ago was it you made the purchase?  Within 14-days you should be able to simply ask to return the SIM there and have that cancelled, have you spoken to Carphone Warehouse?  You might be able to contact them via Facebook or Twitter if that helps?

If it has been over 14-days and you need us to send you a message to help with cancelling or anything then please let us know and we’ll do just that.

Hello, 

I have tried everything and had no luck, I've,  been trying to reach someone for 3 weeks, I need a pack code, so I can leave ID, I D takes the money out of my account every month, please refund the money,  and send me the PAC CODE PSN CODE, I DON'T WANT TO BE WITH ID MOBILE ANY MORE

REGARDS

ISABELLE QUAYE 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Mayasparkle 

Cancelling your plan and getting a PAC shouldn’t be difficult at all sorry. Please click here to see all the relevant information on how to get that sorted.

If you find you still require assistance, please let us know and we’ll be happy to provide it.

Will

Hello, 

I want to leave ID mobile, can you send me a PAC CODE AND ANYTHING ELSE I NEED TO MOVE ON

Isabelle 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Mayasparkle,

Cancelling your plan shouldn’t be difficult at all sorry. Please click here to see all the relevant information on how to get that sorted.

If you find you still require assistance, please let us know and we’ll be happy to provide it.

Will

Why iD Mobile?