Solved

contract to sim only

• 2 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi can someone help please as I have just been on live chat for 45 mins and got know where !   I have an ID mobile contract which runs out on 19 Nov 2020 I would like to switch to a SIM only ( which I already have and still stay with ID mobile ) and keep my number, now you would think this was quite simple but seems no so. I keep being pointed back to doing this through the app but I think I will loose my number if I do it this way can someone point me in the right direction please

icon

Best answer by Kevin 3 November 2020, 14:50

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @bullet501 

First off.  We’re truly sorry if our Live Chat Team didn’t manage to resolve this query when you spoke to them.

Quite simply though.  If you have your existing iD account registered, then once your current 24-month contract is up you will be able to do a Plan Change to a rolling 30-day tariff of your choosing through either the iD Mobile App or our website.

So by November 20th for certain you should be able to do this, and your tariff should switch within 24 hours.

The very next bill (usually the month after) will have a credit on it for any overpayment you made (in which you had been billed for a period on the old tariff before making the switch).  So you’ll never be paying for two tariff’s concurrently for the same mobile number.

Any further questions, just let us know here.

Why iD Mobile?