Question

contracts ends, want to go to SIM only

• 15 May 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I have seen advice for similar query where told to go to my a/c, change plan....but that doesn't give the option of changing to a SIM only plan. So could you indicate exactly how to do this. Thanks

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @swilby,

How long have you got left on your contract?

You can only see SIM-only options in the last 26-days of your contract.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi Mohammed, My contract ends on 26 May so you'd think it would be visible now.

I am thinking of requesting a SIM only and then on 25th May asking for a PAC to transfer my number over. What do you think of that idea? Shirley

Userlevel 1

Sorry, didn't get what you meant by 'do not send me a message directly' as I only saw the reply box, I just wanted to be polite. So in case my first response doesn't get answer because I put a name in my text, here it is again.…

My contract ends on 26 May so you'd think it would be visible now.

I am thinking of requesting a SIM only and then on 25th May asking for a PAC to transfer my number over. What do you think of that idea?

Userlevel 1

I've just found where I can change to a SIM only - it's by clicking 'upgrade' not 'change my plan'. So I now have a new Q.…

If I upgrade to the SIM only, what happens: is it that 1) nothing changes physically and my current mob number stays with my current SIM-card but as a 30day plan or 2) you send out a new SIM, I pop it in place then ask you to associate my current mob number with the new SIM? It's probably obvious but I'm struggling to imagine what happens. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Sorry, didn't get what you meant by 'do not send me a message directly' as I only saw the reply box, I just wanted to be polite. 

Hi @swilby,

Sorry for any misunderstandings with my signature, this refers to the Private Message function, don’t worry as a response on this post isn’t a Private Message and I’ll try answer all your questions!

I've just found where I can change to a SIM only - it's by clicking 'upgrade' not 'change my plan'. So I now have a new Q.…

If I upgrade to the SIM only, what happens: is it that 1) nothing changes physically and my current mob number stays with my current SIM-card but as a 30day plan or 2) you send out a new SIM, I pop it in place then ask you to associate my current mob number with the new SIM? It's probably obvious but I'm struggling to imagine what happens. 

That’s correct.

This is done via logging into your account then My Account > Upgrade > SIM Only, apologies, I should have been clearer.

When you upgrade, we’ll change your plan over in the app within 24-hours, you keep your phone.

A new SIM is issued to you in the post, when it arrives, activate it in the app or via https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/your-sim-card

Once activated, it’ll transfer everything over to your new SIM.

Your number will stay the same, your billing dates etc.

Let me know if you have any questions at all.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

That sounds great, thanks for taking the time to explain. I will upgrade with confidence now, Shirley

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Not a problem @swilby,

We’re here if you need anything Shriley!

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi, I got this message a few minutes ago even though, if I look in my account details, I see that I have been credited with the the unlimited Minutes of the SIM-only plan. I haven't received the new SIM yet but the fact that my account reads Unlimited minutes made me continue to use phone. So am I going to to be charged for some minutes or not?

You've now used 100% of your minutes allowance. You'll now be charged 40p per minute for every standard UK call you make, which is our out-of-plan rate. Top tip: it might work out cheaper for you to buy an add-on of minutes. You can do this via the iD Mobile app idmobile.co.uk/app

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @swilby 

Welcome to the iD Community.

I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

Why iD Mobile?