Solved

Data Requirement - Should I change my plan to a lower tariff?

• 14 October 2020
  • 1 reply

I have a sim only monthly contract with 6Gb of data allowance. I have used 253Mb. Should I change to a lower data allowance?

Tina

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 16 October 2020, 14:26

Hello @Tinabee,

Do you mean every month you’re only using around 250MB or just this one-month?

With SIM-only plans, you can change plans once every 30-days so feel free to swap down to a lower plan if you’d like. 

Your usage can change regularly, sometimes it’s good to have the extra usage and any data not used, always rolls over to the next month. (capped at 30-days worth of data at any time).

You can change to a lower plan via the iD app/account but check the price of the plan and how much you get.

You may find that the lower plan is only £1-2 difference in price so it may be more cost-effective to remain if you’re on a special offer.

Hope that helps.

Mohammed

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @Tinabee,

Do you mean every month you’re only using around 250MB or just this one-month?

With SIM-only plans, you can change plans once every 30-days so feel free to swap down to a lower plan if you’d like. 

Your usage can change regularly, sometimes it’s good to have the extra usage and any data not used, always rolls over to the next month. (capped at 30-days worth of data at any time).

You can change to a lower plan via the iD app/account but check the price of the plan and how much you get.

You may find that the lower plan is only £1-2 difference in price so it may be more cost-effective to remain if you’re on a special offer.

Hope that helps.

Mohammed