Solved

Data rollover on allllllllllll sim deals

• 27 December 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
It says allllllllllllllllll sim only deals come with data rollover, but when I try to check out it only mentions data capping???
I already have a SIM card with i d mobile before they started doing data rollover and now they won't let me add it so I'm quite used to been ripped off by these online companies that are beyond the law.
They're obviously used to this sort of BS which is why their only method of contact is through the courts. Any thoughts?

icon

Best answer by Ryan 28 December 2018, 16:26

View original

5 replies

Badge +10
Welcome to the ID Community,

Very interesting opinions there, with more insight might be able to understand why ID Mobile refuse to upgrade your data plan.

Only monthly sim contracts have the data roll over feature, non of the pay as you go sims have this.

With our Data Rollover feature, you'll get a second chance to make the most of your unused data. Whatever's left over from your monthly contract will automatically be carried over to the next month of your SIM only deal, meaning you'll never let a MB go to waste.
From this page here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/shop/plans/sim-only-deals

However if you have ever fallen foul of the

Fair usage policy.

Our fair usage policy applies to all pay monthly phone, SIM Only and Pay-as-you-go plans. Our open data policy applies to selected plans.
  • then that might be an excuse for ID Mobile to refuse your data roll over upgrade.
The options you have are to try and upgrade your current plan via the app OR take out a NEW separate sim only monthly plan.
Badge +10
@ChrisK additional information: I managed to track down the wording from the blue highlighted link Data Rollover as in your screen shot; must be a javascript pop up issue on mobiles, when you click that area you will get an unrelated message to what you want!!

What is Data Rollover?

Data Rollover is a free feature on all new iD plans.
It automatically rolls over your unused data allowance to the next month, giving you a second chance to use it.

How does Data Rollover work?

1. Last month you had some data left over. Data Rollover gives you a second chance to use it.
  2. Your unused data is rolled over to this month, and gets used first. You've got all month to use it up.
  3. Your unused monthly data allowance always rolls over to the next month.
Userlevel 1
Welcome to the ID Community,

Very interesting opinions there, with more insight might be able to understand why ID Mobile refuse to upgrade your data plan.

Bit disappointed in this response but an extension of the lip services is no more than I expected. Not abusing my service and the simple reason they will not GIVE me the additional rollover service is just that! They don't have to and they only benefit if they sell me a new service/number. They were quick to remind me that my existing number will not be transferred to any new service (that includes data over) I buy. I am also very confident you already know all of this as per several hundred customer service advisors because it's TT policy
Userlevel 1
@ChrisK additional information: I managed to track down the wording from the blue highlighted link Data Rollover.

As you know, my question is not about the definition of data rollover but about why consumers are not being offered the services promised in accordance with consumer laws. Both on an existing contract and even on a brand new one.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @ChrisK,

The reason why data rollover can't be added to your plan is because you will be on an old plan type that existed before our new offer came into play and the plan can't be altered I'm afraid. This does not contradict any consumer laws.

As you already have a SIM card plan from us, you should be able to view your plan change options from within our iD Mobile app or through MyAccount online. Carrying out a plan change will move you onto a newer plan of course, meaning you will have access to our data rollover feature after the first month. Have you tried this already?

I hope this helps.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?