Question

datat top up or increase monthly plan

• 5 April 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi there, I bought my nana a mobile phone so she was able to video call family while in isolation. She run out of data and I don't know how to increase it either by topping up or changing my plan. I've tried to register to access my account online but I'm being told the I formation I've given is incorrect (pretty sure I know my surname and DOB, but apparently one is wrong). Can anyone help? Thanks

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Martin h Stuart 

I have removed your number from the Community Post. You can add a data bundle through your iD Mobile app. This would be the quickest way to add more data.

-Mohsin

Hi can I top up my data for phone number (Number removed)

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Bethkevil 

I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

No, I have had no luck. I can see my DOB is wrong on the carphone warehouse site, and it appears that an ID Mobile account was never set up.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Bethkevil 

Did you manage to get this sorted?

Aklima 

Thanks for your reply. I seem to be doing everything right but can't get past step 1

Badge +10

@Bethkevil 

If you're having an issue registering your account on the iD Mobile App or My Account online, we've outlined a few common problems below, along with some tips to help guide you through the process. 

Step 1. Personal Details 
Here we ask for your details. We will ask for the following: 

Mobile number:

Last name:

Date of birth:

Last name and date of birth - please use the details of the person who purchased the plan, as their details will be registered on our system. 

Mobile number - if you haven't transferred your phone number to iD, please ensure you’re using your new iD phone number. This can be found on your invoice or on the 'Welcome' email we sent you.

If you've just transferred your number over to iD, the transfer may not have completed yet. Moving your number over to iD Mobile is usually done the next working day, depending on when you requested the transfer. The table below will show you how long your transfer should take depending on when you requested it. 

Step 2. Security Code
Once you've completed step 1, we'll send you an 8-digit security code via text message. Please ensure your iD SIM is inserted into your phone and your phone is switched on. 

If you don't receive your 8-digit code, ensure you’re in an area with reasonable network signal. It can take a few minutes for the code to arrive. If you don't receive the code after 4-5 minutes, you can request another one. 

Step 3. Login details
The final step is to enter the email address you'll use to log in, and a password.

Email address - you can choose any valid email address, it doesn't have to be the one registered to the iD plan.

Please note that if you have more than one iD plan, you will not be able to register using the same email address. You will need to use a different email address for each account. 

Password - your password can be whatever you wish, as long as it fits the below criteria: 

Minimum of 8 characters 
Minimum of 1 capital letter 
Minimum of 1 number 
Minimum of 1 special character, e.g. @! $ 
Once you've set up your login details, you can change your login preferences in the iD Mobile app. 

If none of the above helps, please contact us for further support. 

After you gain access to your ID Mobile account

Head to your dashboard

From the My Account tab: you can view the current plan, upgrade or change your plan.

Go to My Add-ons tab:  from there you can increase the data and other add-ons.

Why iD Mobile?