Question

Do Pay As You Go SIM Only Deals have a time limit?

• 26 June 2020
  • 2 replies

Do Pay As You Go SIM Only Deals have a time limit or are they open ended? I want the facility of data connectivity but only expect to make occasional use of it so a pay-as-you-go deal seems the best option  for me (I currently have a pay-as-you-go dumb phone and that works well). However it’s not clear to me whether the data allowance for the PAYG deals lasts idefinitely (maybe a number of months) or whether it expires after a month (which is suggested by the FAQs).

2 replies

I had a on-line chat today with an ID Mobile agent who said that Pay As You Go has a 30-day expiry date on the allowances that you top up. The SIM-only deal has data rollover which means that any data that you have not used will roll over to the next month however, it only rolls over once from one month the following month will roll over to the new month.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Sorry for the late reply here @Jeremy 

Pay As You Go SIM’s would need to be topped up at least once every 6 months to ensure they remain active on our network.

Any data rollover would only move forward once.

So for instance.  If you had 2gb left this month, then that would be carried over into the next month.

You would use that 2gb rolled over first of all in that next month, and then start using your usual monthly allocated data allowance thereafter.

So each month you’d have Any Rolled Over Data -and- however much Data you get in your Plan.

Why iD Mobile?