Solved

Does RPI affect 30-day SIM-only plans?

• 20 June 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I am thinking of changing my monthly plan. If I look at the FAQ’s it says no price increases with ID (see below).

But when I start the process it says prices increase with the RPI, which is correct?

Can the monthly cost of my SIM Only deal change?

Not with iD Mobile. Most other major networks such as EE, Three, Vodafone, and O2 increase the price of their SIM Only deals each year with inflation or RPI (Retail Price Index).

icon

Best answer by Rory 25 June 2020, 14:22

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Zebidee,

RPI increases would only affect 24-month contracts and not SIM-only plans. Are you upgrading to one of those or are you selecting a 1-month SIM-only plan? Feel free to post a screenshot if this would help.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Hi Ryan

I am thinking of changing from one sim only monthly deal to another sim only monthly deal which has a different combination of allowances, I own my own phone nothing else would change. 

Userlevel 1

I just went to the monthly deal and this comes up in the legal stuff underneath the plan details which contradicts the statement in my original post

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Zebidee, do you have a link to the page where you found this? The only legal stuff I can see on our 30-day rolling plans is the below:

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

Hi @Rory  I don’t know if I can get to it again. On the final page before committing to changing a sim only deal to another sim only deal there is a list of “The legal stuff” and that is where the copy and paste came from. I wanted to change from 1000 calls, 5000 text  and 3gb data, to unlimited minutes and texts and 5gb data, as they were both the same price.

I have just tried and it won’t let me access the page.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Zebidee, this is just generic text that’s shown to all users at checkout regardless of their basket contents. I can confirm that our SIM-only plans are not subject to RPI price increases :blush: 

I fully agree it’s a little offputting, though, so we’ll be sure to feed this back to the Web Team for their consideration.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?