Solved

Does WiFi calling work on PAYG as well as PAYM?

• 17 August 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Just want to check if wifi calling is available on sim only deals, and if yes, only on pay monthly or also on PAYG ?
icon

Best answer by Ryan 17 August 2018, 16:26

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @peterbrendon,

Welcome to the iD Community!

The feature is phone specific and not based upon the plan type that you're on. You can find a list of which devices are supported here.

Ryan
Userlevel 1
Thanks, but the phone issue I understand. Reason for question is that the "sales team" (on the 0800 number) told me wifi calling is available on both payg sims and pay-monthly sims, whereas the "internet chatline team" told me only on pay-monthly, NOT ON PAYG.
I am guessing that it might work with payg IF you have a monthly contract anyway for the phone (hardware) itself, but not if you have just a sim on its own. Just a guess. Shame the Sales Team can't be clear 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Thanks, but the phone issue I understand. Reason for question is that the "sales team" (on the 0800 number) told me wifi calling is available on both payg sims and pay-monthly sims, whereas the "internet chatline team" told me only on pay-monthly, NOT ON PAYG.
I am guessing that it might work with payg IF you have a monthly contract anyway for the phone (hardware) itself, but not if you have just a sim on its own. Just a guess. Shame the Sales Team can't be clear :-)

Thanks for clarifying this @peterbrendon,

It's very odd you were advised this and we appreciate the feedback. We can only expect this to be down to a slight gap in knowledge for that particular advisor you spoke with on the webchat.

We see no reason why this wouldn't work on PAYG as it's bound to the handset on our network not the type of SIM.

The only limit I could see is that WiFi calling comes out of your allowances, so if you've got no available allowances/credit you wouldn't be able to use it.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Ok sounds good. Would be good if someone were to test it. In the end I bought a monthly sim and everything works ok, so I can’t confirm if payg is ok or not.

Why iD Mobile?