Early upgrade refused

• 18 October 2018
  • 0 replies

I have a Samsung A3 and for some reason it has stopped accepting a charge. I have looked at all the easy fixes none of which work and so the only thing to do is to take it to Car Phone Warehouse for repair. Big problem in getting there as I am registered disabled. And of course the cost..is it worth it being as I am so close to the end of contract now..etc

Now I am on contract and my earliest upgrade date is 9 November. As there is only 22 days until that entitlement date, I had hoped if I contacted them, they would allow me an early upgrade bearing in mind the circumstances..and that its probably not worth getting my broken one repaired.

So I spoke to an online Chat rep-who seemed unmoveable that I was unable to have one these few days earlier no matter what. I even said that rather than be without a phone for 22 days I am considering then to buy another phone from another supplier company and just let the contract from this one run out. But still they refused to budge. It seems they are happier to lose a long standing customer than to allow a little "wiggle room" an allow this upgrade early. So much for valuing your customers eh?

Am I alone in thinking this is a bit harsh? And that surely they could have offered SOMETHING? I am pretty disgusted with them tbh that they would leave a disabled person "stranded" without a phone and just because they cannot deviate away from their rules slightly. Or maybe the agent giving the info was perhaps wrong?? Should I try approaching them again you think?_ Or do you consider they are correct in their actions?

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

Why iD Mobile?