Solved

End of contract

Currently with tesco mobile but thinking of moving to iD. My question is: when the contract ends with iD, and assuming I keep the same phone and tariff, does the monthly payment reduce? It does with tesco mobile as they build in a monthly amount to pay for the phone over the initial contract period.
icon

Best answer by Phil 7 May 2018, 16:01

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi Thomas, we offer you the option to upgrade your phone with us when you are 60 days away from the end of your minimum term.

If you want to keep the phone you have, you can get in touch with us to choose a cheaper plan without upgrading.

It would be great for you to join us.
-Phil

That is fine and well- how do I arrange a cheaper tarriff as no customer services or options on My Account- only more expensive ones. Want to keep phone and number

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Norman Thomson 

I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

Userlevel 1

30 days notice given contract ends June then I will cancel dd  as you have had me going round in circles. I've noted your threats re credit rating and advise that this is your issue not mine. Disgraceful customer service and  I will be taking this further as you seem to have no problem giving me another phone.  I will never use this company again  and given the circumstances when jobs and lives are being lost  you should be ashamed.  Irene 

My contract will end on 3 July, I am looking for a ‘sim only’ deal?  Or I will leave ID!  

Userlevel 1

I've still had no response so will end this contract  2nd July having given more notice  than required.  Very disappointed  and have had no problems in the past with this company.  

Hi Igilmour,

Mine also end on 3rd July, they want 30 days notice, but provide no option for this on app or website.  Have you tried ‘end my mobile plan’?  But they have never explained if this will end immediately which may impose  penalties or this will end at contract terms?  They are exploring this crisis as their own advantages which lead customers going round in circles...for what?  Maybe wringing more money out of our pockets?  Considering no chat box, no call centre, no email support, no nothing...customers said links are broken and always heading us back to the community stuck.  All we can do is waiting for their slow response in the forum, if you get lucky!  By the way, you can take this further to the ‘Ombudsman Mobile Phone’ to submit your complaint online, if it has reached dead end by not responding to you at all!  Or give them a bad review in Trustpilot 😊
yammy

Userlevel 1

Yes I was told it would affect my credit rating if I cancel  my direct debit   end my plan on the app just takes me to a site under construction. I screenshot  my comments  and have them as evidence. I will be cancelling the dd and I  will be taking this further. My daughter had had similar issues  with 02 no option to cancel. Thank you for you advice I realy appreciate it. Irene

Why iD Mobile?