Question

End of contract but being charged for cancelling

• 10 September 2020
  • 5 replies

My contract is ending in a weeks time and I have already paid for my last month. I got my PAC code from customer care and have moved my services to another network. I was told by the customer care team that if I leave before 19th september 2020, I wont have to pay a single penny to leave ID mobile but any day after that I will have to pay. But now when my numver has almost ported, I have got a text stating that I will have to pay for 30 days from the PAC request date. This is not right. Can anyone please suggest

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @NRustogi,

If our Customer Service Team have advised that, then I’m sure it’ll be correct. I imagine the message you received will have been automated and not accounting for other factors as the CS Team would have done. 

I’m sure this won’t be the case, but if you use it and are charged unexpectedly, please let us know here and we’ll make sure everything is done properly for you.

Will

I have received the final bill and I have been charged a termination fees where I was told that I am at the end of contract and wont be charged any termination fees. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @NRustogi 

You would only ever be charged termination fee’s if you’re leaving the contract early.  What is/ was the date that your contract finished?

My contract is ending on 19th september 2020. ID customer care team told me that I won’t be paying any termination fees as there is no outstanding balance on my account. I have it in written from them. But they still added a termination fees to my final bill

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @NRustogi,

If you’ve ported out before the end of a contract, you’d incur a termination fee for line rental left on the contract. If you’ve already paid this line rental, then this would be taken into account on the final bill.

We  usually provide a credit for any line rental charged in advance past your notice period and apply a charge for line rental that’s left/due.

Let us know if you still need help and we’ll have a look at the final bill for you.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?