Solved

End of contract downgrade

Hello,

My contract ends at the end of this month and I would like to downgrade but the app only shows more expensive plans. Could someone please let me know how to do this?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by smkilani 13 July 2020, 16:02

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @smkilani 

Welcome to the iD Community.

Please contact our Live Chat team who are able to assist with account related support.

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

We are running a limited service via webchat so you may experience extended waiting times. We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.

Unfortunately, we’re currently working on reduced staff due to COVID-19, and the team are extremely busy, so the Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting on the page, until the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Pearl

Thank you for your reply.

I have been trying the live chat for days now. I appreciate the situation with the reduced staffing but at the moment it looks like I am going to end up paying extra on my monthly bill simply because I cannot get through customer service, which is ridiculous.

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your reply.

I have been trying the live chat for days now. I appreciate the situation with the reduced staffing but at the moment it looks like I am going to end up paying extra on my monthly bill simply because I cannot get through customer service, which is ridiculous.

Hi, I have exactly the same problem as you as my contract ends today and it seems the only way to downgrade to a cheaper SIM  is is to start a new plan as if you want to change the plan it only gives more expensive options!!  I could do this but I don’t know if that will cancel my current plan and I don’t want to end up with two plansl!! Like you I can’t get through to customer service and it is ridiculous that it isn’t clearer online.  I hope you don’t mind me asking but how did you manage it in the end?  Thanks

Hi @Alexzante ,

Now that my contract has expired I can help you with your problem.

As I have found out, it turns out you need to wait until your contract expires. The day it happens you are then allowed to change your plan. It is not ideal since you will be charged an extra month. However, that becomes a credit on your account. 

For instance, if your contract is £30 a month and you decide to switch to a £5 SIM only deal. Then the first bill you will get after your switch would be -£25. In other words, you will be paying 6 months in advance!

I hope that explains it well.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Alexzante ,

Now that my contract has expired I can help you with your problem.

As I have found out, it turns out you need to wait until your contract expires. The day it happens you are then allowed to change your plan. It is not ideal since you will be charged an extra month. However, that becomes a credit on your account. 

For instance, if your contract is £30 a month and you decide to switch to a £5 SIM only deal. Then the first bill you will get after your switch would be -£25. In other words, you will be paying 6 months in advance!

I hope that explains it well.

Great thank you so much for your help :-) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Just adding to this, though the answer has already been provided, SIM-only options will only show in the last 20-days of your contract.

You can do this by logging into the app/account then:

My Account

Upgrade

From the options, select SIM-only

Then the plan you’re wanting to upgrade to

Mohammed

I am sorry @Mohammed  but that is not true. My contract expired the end of June and I was only able to see the SIM only deals a day after my contract expired.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hey there @smkilani 

Did you manage to switch to a SIM-only plan, and get that changed that same day?

@Kevin Yes, I think it took 30min or so to do the switch.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Good to hear you’ve sorted it @smkilani 

Let us know if you need any further questions answering though.

Take care.

Why iD Mobile?