Solved

Error during upgrade payment of upgrade

• 15 August 2020
  • 9 replies

Trying to upgrade my phone at the end of a 24 month contract. Once I’ve selected my desired phone and plan it takes me through to a payment stage for £0.01 but when I enter my card details I just get an error message. Tried with both credit and debit cards, neither worked. Any advice?

icon

Best answer by Kevin 17 August 2020, 15:24

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @IainStobbs,

It may be something to do with the card you’re using. Is it registered to the same name and address we have on record for you? What type of card is it?

Will

Ahh, that may be it. Both cards are registered to my home address, not my current address (and my current address is also the address I’d like the phone to be delivered too). Is there an easy way round it? I can change my profile address to my home address, is there then an option to add a delivery address later in the upgrade process?

I’ve got the exact same problem Iain. 

I’ve tried  everything (changing address on account to match Bank accounts, using the app, using different browser) all to no result, apart from charging my card a penny. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @IainStobbs  @BTREDINNICK 

The best suggestion we can give here would be to update your banking address to be the one to which you’re currently at.  That way, with all addresses matching fine.  The order should go through without issue.

Any 1p charges would be refunded within 3-5 days automatically.

Sorry to hear that @BTREDINNICK I’ve not tried changing my address back to match the bank account yet, but I’ll try that first. Hopefully that’ll work for me.

@Kevin I bought my previous upgrade using the same card (which must have been registered at my home address, as I haven’t changed that) but I was able to get my phone delivered to my current address. Would this be possible? I now remember having to ring up to get the delivery address changed last time actually, so I guess there’s not a way to change it in the normal upgrade process.

Ok, changing my address to match my card has enabled me to sort the payment through the app (can’t access the website at the moment for some reason). The order is currently listed to be delivered to that address not my current address, is there a way to get it changed to my current address, @Kevin@Will ? It seems like it should be much simpler to get the delivery address changed than have to change the address for a bank card.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @IainStobbs,  we’d have advised making sure both addresses match your current address rather than your previous one.

Changing the delivery address at this stage would likely flag our internal security systems, the same thing that was preventing you from placing the order in the first place.

Do you know the people who live at your old address? Do they know a phone is coming?

Will

Hi @Will. It’s ok, the address is my parents address. I had already planned to visit next week and they have already confirmed receipt of the upgrade. Just wondering why it’s not possible to get a phone delivered to an address different to that which your bank card is addressed to I guess?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @IainStobbs, it’s to prevent fraud. 

I get in this case it may seem like an inconvenience, but if somebody else had attained your card and was trying to place orders to be delivered to their address, this is something we’d want to prevent. I hope you understand.

I’m glad you’ll be getting the phone soon though, cheers for letting us know.

Will

Why iD Mobile?