Question

Upgrade not showing up in my dashboard.

I’m an existing ID mobile customer, and I just bought a new phone through the ID mobile website and it came with a 24month contract and a when it arrived it came with a new sim. I’ve put the new sim in the phone, but the new contract/data allowance isn’t showing up on the ID mobile web dashboard when I log in, it still shows the pay monthly tariff I was on. I also can’t log in to the ID Mobile app on the new phone with either the PIN or password…

Am I being charged for both the Pay monthly and the new contract?

How do I get the new contract to show up on my dashboard?

How do I go about transferring my number across to the new SIM?

Should I just put my old sim in the new phone for the time being so I can still recieve.

Thanks for your help!!!

17 replies

Hi Good Afternoon,

I posted my query but no reply form any one.

So, I just saw you post and may be you could help.I am also existing customer and want to buy new   Iphone .

I saw your post you have done the same thing. so, what happened  - Did you paid monthly for both existing and new contract? Or Will the previous contract be automatically terminate with new contract?

Thank you in advance for your kind suggestion.

Kind Regards,

A4587

Hi Good Afternoon,

So, I just saw you post and may be you could help.I am also existing customer and want to buy new   Iphone .

I saw your post you have done the same thing. so, what happened  - Did you paid monthly for both existing and new contract? Or Will the previous contract be automatically terminate with new contract?

Kind Regards,

A4587

Hi,

It was a bit of a nightmare. 

I am not an ID representative, the following is just my experience.

first I would check to see if you are eligible For an upgrade. If you are then you should be able to get the new phone through your existing account by going through an upgrade process. 

I thought this is what I’d done but it turns out that  bought a new contract. I clicked on the advert for the new iPhone SE that was being shown to me in my dashboard whilst I was logged in. But apparently it doesn’t matter that you are logged in to your dashboard, or that you follow the link from the advertisement that’s advertised to you there, you will end up with a new contract if you are not upgrading. 

once I’d bought the phone I could not transfer my existing number to it because it’s on the same network. I had to get a PAC code transfer it to a GiffGaff SIM wait for that to transfer, then get a PAC code from GiffGaff and port the number back. It took a while and cost me money as I had to top up the Goff Gaff SIM before I could register.

my old ID account with terminated when I used the PAC but I probably wasted a bit of money as it was in the middle of my billing cycle by that point. 

I had to use a different email address to create a new account for MY ID Mobile dashboard as my other email was registered to the previous account. 

hope that helps. 

Good Afternoon,

I am very very grateful for your kind reply.

You are really a Top man.

Kind Regards,

A4587

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I’m an existing ID mobile customer, and I just bought a new phone through the ID mobile website and it came with a 24month contract and a when it arrived it came with a new sim. I’ve put the new sim in the phone, but the new contract/data allowance isn’t showing up on the ID mobile web dashboard when I log in, it still shows the pay monthly tariff I was on. I also can’t log in to the ID Mobile app on the new phone with either the PIN or password…

Should I just put my old sim in the new phone for the time being so I can still recieve.

Thanks for your help!!!

Hi Good Afternoon,

Kind Regards,

A4587

Hello @ncidmobile & @Anonymous4587,

It sounds like you’ve ordered a new contract instead of an upgrade.

An upgrade is done by logging into the iD app, selecting Upgrade, then finding and checking out the deal from within this page.

If you purchase this from the website directly (when not logged in) it’ll be a new contract.

I will PM you with how you can get this sorted.

Mohammed

Hello Mohammed

I recently upgraded to sim only; when will my old contract finish and my old number ported into my new sim?

David Clayton

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Davenoliver2010, your contract wouldn’t finish, per se; your tariff would simply be amended at the end of your minimum term, which is usually 14 days after your penultimate bill is generated. Your current SIM would continue to work too, unless you chose to activate the new one. 

Have you checked the iD Mobile app for any dates?

Thank you,

Rory

Hi Rory

Obviously I don't want 2 contracts running at the same time; I need the old one to finish and be replaced by the sim only one, with my old number ported in to replace the temporary one.

Regards

David Clayton

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi David,

Just to clear up the situation here, have you moved to us from another network? If so, the port will complete within 2 working days and the old contract from the previous network will end once the port has been completed.

If you’ve bought a new SIM from us whilst still being with us then the number can’t be ported, you will have needed to upgrade your old plan in order to keep your number on the new plan. Have you been supplied with a new number? If so, it sounds as though a brand new plan has been ordered instead of an upgrade.

Ryan

Hello Ryan

As I was out of contract, I clicked on 'upgrade' on the dashboard and selected a sim only option. If I can't have my old number (I've had the number 22 years) ported over to the new sim, I will disconnect altogether and start afresh with another network. I don't want to do this as I am otherwise very happy with ID.

Kind regards

David Clayton

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Davenoliver2010, if you selected an Upgrade, then your number would remain the same and you would just have the one line. We only send you a new SIM just in case of any issues, but you don’t need to use this. Have you tried just using the old SIM? What does your iD Mobile app show in terms of your tariff?

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your help!!!

Hi Good Afternoon,

Kind Regards,

A4587

Hello @ncidmobile & @Anonymous4587,

An upgrade is done by logging into the iD app, selecting Upgrade, then finding and checking out the deal from within this page.

If you purchase this from the website directly (when not logged in) it’ll be a new contract.

Mohammed

Hi I have done this too, can you PM me to help me out as I’m quite stressed over it

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Jamieleigh99 

What is it specifically that you’ve done?  Is it that you’ve bought a brand new contract instead of upgrading an existing one?

If so, and you need to set up a return on your new purchase due to that then let us know by reply here and we’ll send you a private message here if needed.

Thanks for your help!!!

Hi Good Afternoon,

Kind Regards,

A4587

Hello @ncidmobile & @Anonymous4587,

Mohammed

Hi I have done this too, can you PM me to help me out as I’m quite stressed over it

Same here!!! I've spent 2 days trying to figure out what to do and now 7777 is automated it seems we are stitched.

Please send me advice also on how to keep my old number.

I'm an old ID customer who continued after contracted ended. Ive now purchased new phone which I considered as an up grade but I have a 2yr contract and new sim. Happy other than I want my Old Number.

PLEASE!!!! Help thanks

So....as I am With ID still and it should be an automatic option!?...NOT 'ditch my old number and tough'!!!!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @A21SamsungSallyID,

You would need to return your order and then go through your account to then purchase the upgrade. We will send you a PM to offer further assistance.

Ryan

Can someone send me a private message please. I upgraded but it isn’t showing on my dashboard and my number has changed, what should I do?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Semihat1,

I’ve sent you a PM via your other post. Please check this.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?