Solved

False bank ACC -false phone number

• 18 December 2020
  • 6 replies

Hi, I got a letter saying an account has been set up and a mobile phone number that has nothing to do with me is showing so is a bank account number & sort code with only the last few digits showing which don't belong to me either ? 

icon

Best answer by Kevin 23 December 2020, 14:28

View original

6 replies

Badge +10

@bedslat

A member of iD Mobile will get back to you shortly

In the meantime please report any type of suspect fraud or identity theft to the police!

Please keep copies of all letters and envelopes for future reference

How short is shortly?-am seeing a lot of unhappy customers querying?

Badge +10

Apologies for the wait….

Have you reported it to Action Fraud?  http://actionfraud.police.uk/

When you have, send a private message to one of the active iD Mobile Employees on the forum to get this investigated for you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello there @bedslat 

Sorry for not catching this one sooner here.

@terrywebbs is right with the first step being to report this to the Police via the Action Fraud website.  So please do that if you haven’t already.

We’ve sent a private message on here just now to take that Crime Reference Number and other details from you so that we can get this sorted for you.

Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

edit:
Ooh, I see that Private Message has been done already from your other post.

Dixons  sent letter confirming the fraud - was this because of this - They didn't say who it was so am left up in the air again -Wht a rotten company group

Answer? ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @bedslat,

That letter will mean the investigation is over.

The fraud department would advise whether or not it’s been confirmed as fraud, it would never tell you who committed the fraud. Is that what you were hoping for sorry?

Will

Why iD Mobile?