Question

Free SIM card with pay monthly purchase

• 27 August 2018
  • 5 replies

I bought a pay monthly SIM a while back and got a SIM sent with it for free. I was sure this was to hand out to a friend or family member but have no idea whether it's payg or not and what the allowances would be on it. How do I find out, and can I get it changed to pay monthly if it isn't already as the deals are way better.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @Leggyno9,

If you've ordered a PAY Monthly SIM from our website, the SIM provided will be the one associated with the contract. Are you advising you received 2 SIM cards with your order?

Mohammed
Yes I definitely received 2, I binned the paperwork that came with it a while back so possibly I've just assumed that it was to hand out to a friend as that's what my previous supplier used to do as there's no other reason I could think of to send 2 sims. This was a long time ago though, maybe about a year
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Yes I definitely received 2, I binned the paperwork that came with it a while back so possibly I've just assumed that it was to hand out to a friend as that's what my previous supplier used to do as there's no other reason I could think of to send 2 sims. This was a long time ago though, maybe about a year

Hello @Leggyno9,

Have you only ever been billed for one SIM-only account throughout your time with us?

Did you notify us at the time that 2 SIMs arrived?

It's odd that 2 SIMs were sent out if only one was ordered. Has your friend been using this?

Mohammed
Ie only ever been billed for one account. My friend hasn't used it yet as I wasn't sure about it. He actually went for a pay monthly SIM today in-store so doesn't need this. should i just discard it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Ie only ever been billed for one account. My friend hasn't used it yet as I wasn't sure about it. He actually went for a pay monthly SIM today in-store so doesn't need this. should i just discard it?

Hello @Leggyno9,

It sounds like a blank SIM issued but just to be on the safe side, can you please check your PM's and I've provided you with some information here.

We'll be able to check this to confirm there's no charges.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?