Solved

Haven't recieved order confirmation email after upgrading over the phone

• 20 March 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Hello,
I upgraded from SIM-only to a 24-month handset contract this morning over the phone, (it wouldn't let me access my upgrade options online within my account, for some reason). However, I'm concerned as I haven't received the email confirmation of the upgrade yet, even though the sales person said I should receive one. I want it just to double check that the order is correct and would like it in writing in case I need to refer to it. I've checked my spam folder and it's not there either.
Is this a glitch or does it take a day or so to arrive in my inbox?

Many thanks.
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 22 March 2019, 14:59

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @River Bee,

It may take up to 24-hours for this to arrive and checking spam/junk folders is recommended.

Have you since received any order dispatch emails/texts? It's possible that the order may not have processed.

All of our deals are connected upon dispatch. If you placed your order before 8PM yesterday, then this should have been dispatched last night. If you log into the iD app/account, what does the plan show as? Is this now the new plan or still showing as the existing?

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Hi Mohammed,

I received my new phone this morning and I did received all the dispatch emails. When I log in, everything has been updated to my new plan, but I still haven't received the order confirmation email. It has been over 24 hours now since I placed the order. I'm not too concerned now that everything has been upgraded, but it would just be nice to have that order confirmation still, just in case.

I do have another question though: I want to keep my old number and the sales person said to just take my old simcard out and put it into my new phone, but everytime I log into my account online or in the app, it requests that I should use the new sim card, giving me the sim card number and asking to confirm when I have done this. So should I use my old simcard or my new one? If I use my old one, is it going to continue to ask me to use the new one every time I log in?

Best regards.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi Mohammed,

I received my new phone this morning and I did received all the dispatch emails. When I log in, everything has been updated to my new plan, but I still haven't received the order confirmation email. It has been over 24 hours now since I placed the order. I'm not too concerned now that everything has been upgraded, but it would just be nice to have that order confirmation still, just in case.

I do have another question though: I want to keep my old number and the sales person said to just take my old simcard out and put it into my new phone, but everytime I log into my account online or in the app, it requests that I should use the new sim card, giving me the sim card number and asking to confirm when I have done this. So should I use my old simcard or my new one? If I use my old one, is it going to continue to ask me to use the new one every time I log in?

Best regards.

Hello River Bee,

The old SIM card is fine but you will see that message each time. If you have got the new SIM, simply activate the new SIM from the iD account and start using this one. The old one will the become inactive and everything will transfer over to your new SIM, keeping your number etc. Any contacts saved directly to the SIM card would need to be transferred though.

We're glad that you've now received the handset. If you'd like, we'd be happy to confirm this order to you via email? We can't do this here because we'll need to access your account which requires you to confirm some account information.

If you email us we will be happy to confirm your order via email for you.

Please include a link to this topic & your Community username "River Bee" so we can locate this topic easily.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?