Question

How do I activate my SIM?

• 7 June 2020
  • 1 reply

I recently upgraded Falcons and shortly after I received the new phone and the new Sim. I placed the Sim inside the phone and proceeded to set up using the ID mobile app. However it’s asking me for a 19 digit number on the back of the Sim but from what I can gather there are only 16 digits on the back of the Sim and I am blind and heavily struggling with this problem there’s no one I can ask on the phone lines are down what do I do My previous plan with my last phone runs out in a few days and I won’t have a phone after that and I need a phone in the current circumstances I don’t know what to do my previous plan with my last phone runs out in a few days and I won’t have a phone after that and I need to phone in the current circumstances and I don’t know what to do

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Ellie054,

The 19-digit number is found on the SIM Card packet that the SIM Was sent in. The little green pack.

In regards to activating the SIM, can you just clarify a few things for us.

Were you already with iD Mobile on the old contract and then upgraded to a new contract?

If so, then the old SIM will still be active and won’t stop working when the contract ends so you won’t be left without services. Your upgrade deal should be active on the old SIM so you can carry on using it until you’ve activated the new SIM.

If however, you were with a different network and then joined iD Mobile, this is not an upgrade but a new contract with us.

In this case, the new SIM we sent will already be active and should be working without any manual activation needed.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?