Solved

How to fix service problem on Huawei P20 lite?

I just upgraded to a Huawei P20 lite and it all seems to be working fine apart from that it's not receiving service anywhere. Could anyone help?
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 3 September 2018, 15:10

View original

23 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Lucythom,

I'm sorry to see this! When you mention no service, do you have any service at all or is it just completely without signal?

Please let me know and we'll take this further.

Ryan
Userlevel 1
Hi @Lucythom,

I'm sorry to see this! When you mention no service, do you have any service at all or is it just completely without signal?

Ryan

Completely without signal. I use to get service before. I'm in the same area. I haven't relocated. Happened today. I was in an area without service for a while but I am back home now and it hasn't switched back

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @Domz,

When you upgrade, you'll usually get a new SIM with it. In most cases, this SIM is blank and needs to be manually activated.

Pop the old SIM back in the phone, this old SIM should still be active and working as there's no need to use the new SIM. It's sent just in-case your new phone has a different size SIM supported.

Mohammed
Im having the same problem. If I toggle airplane mode on and off I can get a signal for a couple of minutes but then it drops again.
Ive tried two different Sims and they both have the same problem
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Lucythom,

Ryan
Completely without signal. I use to get service before. I'm in the same area. I haven't relocated. Happened today. I was in an area without service for a while but I am back home now and it hasn't switched back

The other thing to check @Domz is it seems you've got 2 SIMs in the handset.

Try taking the non-iD one out also and just use the old iD SIM card as mentioned above:
Hey @Domz,

When you upgrade, you'll usually get a new SIM with it. In most cases, this SIM is blank and needs to be manually activated.

Pop the old SIM back in the phone, this old SIM should still be active and working as there's no need to use the new SIM. It's sent just in-case your new phone has a different size SIM supported.

Mohammed

Let us know how you get on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Im having the same problem. If I toggle airplane mode on and off I can get a signal for a couple of minutes but then it drops again.
Ive tried two different Sims and they both have the same problem

Hey @Penman8,

Have you tried testing the SIM in another handset?

It's possible that the handset could be non-compatible or faulty.
Which phone are you using?

Have you also checked the coverage in your area to see if there are any network faults that have been picked up?

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
What I did was remove the sim slot for overnight and reinstall in the morning and it worked
Userlevel 1
Hi All,

After the last update I'm having the same problem as Penman8 and it seems to be happening worldwide as I've read about it in other forums.
Any solution yet?
@mohammed,

Ive tried multiple Sims in the handset (p20lite) and the same problem occurs.
I did a factory reset too and that seemed to work for a couple of days. But alas, I am having the same problem now.
Regretting purchasing this phone
I am in Portugal and the same has happened to me. Went to provider and got a new SIM but hasn't helped at sll. I run a business from this phoenix and it's a nightmare....how long will this last for and Id this an offer occurrence with Huawei? Flight mode sorts it out for 5 mins. This Is day 4 already. Can't seem to find a number for Huawei support and anyway closed for the weekend. Where is best to follow to get updates? Should I send phone back to where I bought it?? Sooooo annoying and so inconvenient!!!!! #help
What I did was remove the sim slot for overnight and reinstall in the morning and it worked
Is it still working now....?? No glitches??

What I did was remove the sim slot for overnight and reinstall in the morning and it workedIs it still working now....?? No glitches??

Trief this last night and after 2 mins went back to no service.....
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Ventersvip, @tiago1as, @Penman8 and @@Lucythom

If you are still experiencing these issues, would it be possible for you to contact us on Social Media where we can pick this up with our team?

You can send us a Private Message on Facebook via
https://www.facebook.com/idmobileuk/

Or send us a Direct Message on Twitter via:
@ID_Mobile_UK

We will be able to get this logged.

Mohammed
I am having the exactly same problem with everyone here! took my phone to the Tel-co service center and they said that its the phone problem 😞 any solution ?
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi birdgod, have you just got your phone or has it been working previously?
Do you get signal as expected if you restart the phone?

-Phil
Hi Phil,
I just got my phone, and it work for the first day. Until I upgraded my phone system software as suggested, it became the situation that I mentioned.
I've tried to restart it for few times, it wouldn't work unless I connect to the WiFi.
Hi birdgod,

Does the network show when searching for it manually in the settings at all?

Jade
Hi Jade,
Yes, it appear when searching for it manually.
Hello , i have this problem to, i put old sim and new sim its shownig the same bugs , i dont know what to to, i did tryed to flash new fiemware , to reset all things, to unlock simcard, but still nothing happened ,
If somebody can help me to fix it , please help me , write me in my email below
Bessy95@outlook.com
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @BessyxP,

This doesn't sound good. Please can you confirm exactly what issue you're having so we can help you here?

Ryan
okay , firstly, when i did buyed this phone , did functioned really good , but i did tryed to install twrp recovery and costom roms on that, but i didnt like it more and i did restore it again in official rom, i did lock the bootloader again, but next few days i turned of that phone , and i did turned on again, he did lose network , and , i did tryed to restore from HWOTA 8 ANE , but i did flashshed the wrong rom , i did flashed huawei p8lite or something else , then i did tryed for the last time with DC PHOENIX Program , i did delete all system data , and i did flashed this file
ANE-BD_1.0.0.39_Board_Software_Android_8.0_EMUI_8.0_05022JKP.dgtks , they from DC PHOENIX sayed thats is for huawei p20 lite,
i did belive it and i did flashed it, the huawei p20lite now is full restore and accepting the sim card but no network nowhere , i dont have hopes more , i dont know what to do, its the same thing in sim 1 and sim 2, its shownig me NO SERVICE... I Thing the signal board is destroyed ,

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @BessyxP,

It seems as though this might have been a result of installing a custom ROM on your phone. Doing this might have voided your phones warranty status, so I would recommend asking Huawei for more assistance with this, or request further help from your device supplier.

Ryan
SOLVED!!!

In my case, ALL of these steps were required.

1. Setup apn for Android, in my case, used the apn setup provided by my SIM card provider, under MANUAL APN SETUP. (I attached a Screenshot)

2. Wipe Cache (power off. Power on holding volume UP simultaneously for 10s, then let go. Menu appears, wipe cache, then reboot)

3. Go to settings, wireless & networks, mobile network, APN names, select the spot next to the APN you manually set up, so it is lit).

The 'X' next to the signal strength indicator (top left corner of screen) should now have the name of your provider.

No reboot was necessary.

Good luck. This took me 4 days to figure out, be ause you can't call the helpdesk without service (which, is arguably insane).

Why iD Mobile?