Solved

I have an upgrade date but want to downgrade

• 27 March 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
I have an upgrade date of 18/06/2018 can i downgrade on that date too?
I only use my phone in case of emergency as im a pensioner and my kids insist i have a mobile.
There is a sim only for £3.99 per month that would suit.

Have found ID ideal and my wife is going to move over when her contract with Vodafone ends
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 28 March 2018, 09:24

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I have an upgrade date of 18/06/2018 can i downgrade on that date too?
I only use my phone in case of emergency as im a pensioner and my kids insist i have a mobile.
There is a sim only for £3.99 per month that would suit.

Have found ID ideal and my wife is going to move over when her contract with Vodafone ends

Hello and welcome to the iD Community g4jnw,

[I've moved your topic to a more relevant section of the iD Community: "Plan types, upgrades & plan changes"]

You should be able to upgrade to a SIM-only plan on your upgrade date from within the iD App or by logging into MyAccount via https://my.idmobile.co.uk/

This is found under "My account > Manage my plan"

All of the available offers will be shown to you here. If you have any issues with this, feel free to get in contact with us!

Mohammed
Userlevel 2
be aware , when I changed my sim deal they sent me a new phone no with the sim , I think I just ignored the new number and it all transferred ok automatically when I inserted the sim so I kept my old no. But might be worth a chat with them online when you order so that your number doesn’t change
Userlevel 1
Thanks will do that as i dont really want to change my phone number, though having said that i do get quite a few spam calls, even though i have a spam blocker. Never sure how they get my number as i never fill in anything with my mobile number on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
be aware , when I changed my sim deal they sent me a new phone no with the sim , I think I just ignored the new number and it all transferred ok automatically when I inserted the sim so I kept my old no. But might be worth a chat with them online when you order so that your number doesn’t change

When you process an upgrade via the app/account or by calling us, we'd send a replacement SIM with the upgrade.

In these circumstances, you can drop a quick message here, to our LiveChat team or call our Customer Services to activate and transfer over to the new SIM. This will keep your number and all of your current contract information.

A new SIM wouldn't usually be sent when a normal plan change is processed on the account. We would just change your current plan to your newly selected plan within 24-hours.

Thanks will do that as i dont really want to change my phone number, though having said that i do get quite a few spam calls, even though i have a spam blocker. Never sure how they get my number as i never fill in anything with my mobile number on.

If you need any help at all with your upgrade, feel free to message us here g4jnw!

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?