Solved

I have changed my plan- does that mean I need to swap in the SIM too even though my account already recognises the changes?

• 28 August 2018
  • 2 replies

I have changed my plan from one IDmobile plan to another. I received a SIM in the post but my account on the IDmobile app already recognises I have a new plan. Does this mean I don't need to swap in the new SIM card?
cheers
Eddy
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 3 September 2018, 16:30

View original

2 replies

Hey eddyhorn, there should be no need to change SIM unless you are migrating from Pay and Go to Pay Monthly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I have changed my plan from one IDmobile plan to another. I received a SIM in the post but my account on the IDmobile app already recognises I have a new plan. Does this mean I don't need to swap in the new SIM card?
cheers
Eddy

Hey @eddyhorn,

A new SIM is sent in some instances with an upgrade/plan change but this is usually a blank SIM.

You can test this by putting the new SIM in your phone and you'll notice there's no service received.

If the plan has updated in the iD app, there's no need to use the new SIM or swap this over.

Keep the SIM as a backup so we can activate it for you in the future if you ever lose your current one.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?