Solved

I want the 10GB for £8 plan but only way seems to be via an upgrade

• 19 July 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I have been with iD Mobile about two years on the £10 for 10GB plan with limited minutes. I noticed a couple of weeks ago that there was unlimited minutes and texts for the same amount. I switched to that plan two weeks ago.  Today I noticed in Uswitch that that plan is now £8. I tried to switch to it but am not allowed to within thirty days of my plan switch.  By going through Upgrade and selecting SIM Only deals, I can ‘buy’ the plan but that seems to be for new customers.  What happens if I continue with the upgrade option. Will I end up with 2 plans for the same mobile number.  Should I wait ‘til the end of the month and switch to the 10GB for £10 plan.  How long will the plan be on offer.

icon

Best answer by Will 22 July 2020, 12:39

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 1

I have been with iD Mobile about two years on the £10 for 10GB plan with limited minutes. I noticed a couple of weeks ago that there was unlimited minutes and texts for the same amount. I switched to that plan two weeks ago.  Today I noticed in Uswitch that that plan is now £8. I tried to switch to it but am not allowed to within thirty days of my plan switch.  By going through Upgrade and selecting SIM Only deals, I can ‘buy’ the plan but that seems to be for new customers.  What happens if I continue with the upgrade option. Will I end up with 2 plans for the same mobile number.  Should I wait ‘til the end of the month and switch to the 10GB for £10 plan.  How long will the plan be on offer.

Correction:

Should I wait ‘til the end of the month and switch to the 10GB for £8 plan. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Figgis 

If you had switched recently, then you would need to leave it 30-days (from when you last did a plan change) before you can change again.

If you need help in a month’s time, then just get back in touch here.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for replying.

What is the difference between changing to a different plan and upgrading to a different plan. 

After 30 days, can I use the upgrade option if that includes the plan I want to switch to,  If I say I’m thinking of leaving I get the choice to upgrade. I’m confused!

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi again @Figgis 

In the app you should be able to see Plan Changes available to you (once 30-days have passed from your last request at least).

I believe the “Upgrade” tab within the iD Mobile App (or website) would be if you were looking to get a 24-month phone contract (yet keep your old number).

Userlevel 1

There is an option to upgrade to various phones on the ID Mobile website and there is also an option to upgrade to SIM only deals under Upgrade. That’s what I find confusing.  See below screen SNIP

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Figgis, the SIM only upgrades tend to be more flexible as they can be changed after 30 days. If you’re happy with the handset you have, and just want to adjust what you pay and receive in terms of allowances. With the phone upgrades, you get a brand new handset, but you would be tied into a 24 month agreement, where changing or lowering your costs wouldn’t be an option. Does that clear things up?

Will

Userlevel 1

Hi @Figgis, the SIM only upgrades tend to be more flexible as they can be changed after 30 days. If you’re happy with the handset you have, and just want to adjust what you pay and receive in terms of allowances. With the phone upgrades, you get a brand new handset, but you would be tied into a 24 month agreement, where changing or lowering your costs wouldn’t be an option. Does that clear things up?

Will

Thanks Will. That is a fine and clear explanation. I must wait ‘til the end of the month to choose the plan I want. Let’s hope it’s still available.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Glad I could clear that up for you @Figgis . Please get back in touch if ever you need anything else.

Will

Why iD Mobile?