Solved

I want to upgrade my SIM and need some help

• 15 October 2020
  • 3 replies

I wish there was someone to talk with 😐 I wanted to upgrade my sim but didn’t know how to do it, so have bought another sim. So I don’t know:

a) will my existing plan stop and if so when?  b) do I just put the new sim in when it arrives or wait til my old sim ‘month’ is up?  c) how will I  keep my old number?

If anyone could advise, that’d be really helpful. Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Michelle 5 January 2021, 17:50

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Mollyj65,

I take it you’re on a handset contract and wanted to move over to SIM-only?

You can do this in the last 20-days of your contract by logging into the iD app/account.

Click My Account > Upgrade Now

Then find SIM-only and select the plan you’d like. Complete checkout and you’ll be upgraded to a SIM-only plan.

Your current plan in the app will just update and we’ll send a new SIM and you can activate and use that, which will keep your number and bill dates etc.

It sounds like you may have purchased a separate new SIM-only contract which is the incorrect process here. This will give you 2 numbers and it’s not possible to keep the number.

Can you log into the iD app/account and just check if the new plan is updated on there? If so, then you’ve correctly upgraded to SIM-only.

If not, then you’ve incorrectly ordered a new SIM-only contract and we’ll need to assist with sorting this.

Let us know so we can help further.

Mohammed

Hi - I think I have done the same.  I wanted to increase my data but I have upgraded.  I think I have ordered a new sim?  How can i sort this?  I tried live chat but it wasnt working.  Thank you

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @den156 

We can check your recent order for you.

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details. 

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Michelle 

Why iD Mobile?